DRBIII Alternative? injector coding

Esquivelia

2006 OM647.

Just replaced injector #1 ... black death, broken hold down bolt, yada yada yada...

Only half the copper seal was left. Had a crack in the injector so I replaced with new one.

Now it runs with a nice knock.

Are there any other tools out there that can reprogram the ECM that will not break the bank?

Also... is it bad to drive with this knock?

Thanks everyone!

I believe a Snap On scan tool with proper accessories can code the injectors.

A knock doesn't sound like an injector coding issue to me. Where did that injector come from?

When I replaced all 5 of my injectors on the 2004 I couldn't get my DAD to code the injectors. Never did do it. Never had any knocking issues. I think that was at about 200,000 miles. It's now at 330,000+ miles.

Some info is here.

Injector Classify Program Code Coding Misc.
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63175

I wouldn't drive with an engine that developed a knock after work was done to it.

:cheers: vic

Axiom

Mike from Florida Van Man
As far as I can tell, the DAD is not actually capable of coding injectors. Simply viewing codes and swapping around codes already assigned to the injectors, then reassigning them back to the computer. OK, I guess that's coding but you can't actually type in the code. So if your injector codes don't match what's pre-populated in the DAD's list you're kind of screwed. Chinese C3/Star clone can code injectors though.

Nonetheless, jot those codes down as after the knock is solved, it can help smooth out the idle significantly. I agree with Aqua, if the knock is significant I'd park it before extreme damage is done.

Top Bottom