T1N: 1994-2006 2006 Sprinter 3500 dually 158WB Super High Roof Custom Conversion(Moab, UT)

tetonraven22

Location - Moab, UT
Contact Info - PM / email to mdunbarirwin at gmail.com
Price - $22,000

Model Year - 2006 (T1N)
Engine - OM647 (5 cyl)
Wheelbase - 158"
Roof Height - Super High
Mileage - 172,000
Style/Special - Cargo --> Camper

Photos here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qxzQHDcNXAu4eqyV9

This van has been such a great place to live for the past half a year. I bought it empty and did most of the work with a friend and it's comfortable, functional, fun, and spacious. I absolutely love living in it, but I unexpectedly landed a permanent job here and I'm settling down! PM or e-mail me with any questions. Happy to give video tours and I'll add more photos of the interior shortly. Price negotiable.

Build details:

*200W Renogy solar panels mounted to the roof with a 125aH VMaxTanks battery (rated the #1 solar battery for 2019) and Renogy Rover MPPT charge controller

*2 USB outlets and a 12V outlet in the front with 400W inverter and 2USB outlets in back by the head of the bed for nighttime charging

*7spd MaxxAir fan in the ceiling by the kitchen; really gets cranking if you need it to!

*diesel heater under front passenger seat currently connected to a portable tank sitting in the passenger footwell; this has worked just fine for me (no smell, no leaks) so I never connected it to the fuel line, but it's ready to do so (fuel line is through the floor and runs outside with enough length to connect up; easy)

*10 gallon water capacity in 2 tanks and electric water pump connected to the sink and faucet

*dimmable LED ceiling lights on a switch throughout

*under-shelf LED touch lights for convenience and spot lighting; garage lights on a switch in the rear on a timer so you'll never leave them on

*slide-out table from under the bed; seats 2

*bench on the passenger side just behind the door, comfortably seats 2

*swivel passenger seat

*spacious kitchen storage below and above the counter; above-the-bed shelf on the passenger side; shelf above the cockpit area as well

*custom space for a 5 gallon propane tank and cut-out for the hose through the counter

*2 bike fork mounts in the garage

*garage shelves built for milk-crate storage (milk crates included)

*NEW tires (all 6)

*NEW queen size, foldable, memory foam mattress included if desired

*no fridge, but cooler is included and space was left specifically to fit either a Dometic or Whynter top-open fridge; solar and battery are sized to accommodate a 12V connection

The only thing wrong with it mechanically is the ABS pump needs replaced. I'm not driving on slick roads so I haven't worried about it and the brakes are fine. This can be an expensive fix if a new ABS pump is used, but there are used ones out there which brings the cost down. Van is priced accordingly.

Turbo, A/C, etc work great! The dually is wonderful for increased stability in windy conditions, and I never have to worry about weight in the back. Tires are new as of 3,000 miles ago.

There was rust on the rear body panel behind the bumper/step when I bought it. I had this professionally repaired, bought a new panel and new door stop and had that all welded on. I left the bumper behind because it just got in the way of getting things out of the garage.

There's no outside rust anywhere and underneath she's clean!

Get in touch if you're interested or have questions. I'm in Moab and happy to deliver if it's reasonable or give you a video tour if you're far away. Ceiling height is a full 5'11.

Last edited:

Top Bottom