Graphite Grey Paint Issues

smittylube

We just picked up our 2021 revel and I was disappointed in the lines already in the paint. I assumed it was from the chemicals some people used in the wash cycle. (I only use water personally) I immediately put some wax on it. helped maybe 90/95%. Sad to hear no clear coat has been applied. Sounds like I'll be needing to wax it regularly.

Tom Tint

Mine is not graphite grey..its Black. and the hood, both front fenders as well as both rear doors have significant blemishes where it was re sprayed at the factory and the touch up is a different color than the original. It goes in to the dealer next week to get resprayed again under warranty. I had one of my 2016 white crew vans done by the same dealer under warranty due to rust....and it looked like they painted it with a roller... they did it 2 more times before I accepted it back. and it still looked like a shade tree paint job. they said the van didn't fit in their booth so its the best they can do... Can hardly wait to see what it looks like with a black respray and no booth....

Taylor Marine

My 10 day old 2020 2500 in Selenite Grey Metallic has the worst factory paint job I've ever seen. Being metallic.. everything stands out. The sliding door looks to be a lighter shade of what it should be and towards the edges it gets lighter. Looking at it in the sun it seems as if everything was painted at a different time. Looks like I'm headed back to the dealership....

Attachments

GeoCamper

I purchased a 2019 silver - grey 2500 in May 2020. There are light "splotches" all across the vehicle. I'm taking it to the dealer next week. I'm hopeful (yet unconfident) that MB will take care of me...

todtan

Yep...my 2019 graphite grey has light spots in various places, at least 8-10 spots. So frustrating!! I've already had to go back to the dealer 6 times for various issues since purchasing mine in June 2020.

lickwid

Learner
My White colored van has blemishes from the factory, but it's probably less noticeable than other colors. It's basically very hazy in some areas. I may bring it up to the dealer next time I'm in there, but I'm not holding my breath they'll do anything about it, especially after they see all the additions I've made to it, including putting in side windows.

Scumfort

Wow this is amazing I just picked up a brand new 2021 I put a deposit down for three months early and when I got to the dealership in Dallas (I live in Austin) I just happened to notice that the hood Felt a little gritty and when I started looking closely I saw that they were what seem to be overspray specs of the paint on top of the clearcoat like they were painting another vehicle and this one wasn’t far enough away. The salesman acted like he had never heard of anything like that before and just told me I can take it to a body shop and get an estimate to have a hard six but since then I’ve noticed that was oily smudges all over the van. And I just googled today and came about this thread. Pretty incredible that they still seem to be having this issue. Has anybody managed to get compensated? That’s what I’d like

Scubalong

2020 144 4x4 Graphite Grey
2020 Graphite Grey
I just noticed these spots under my paint. Try to buff it out but no success. Any ideas or solution to fix this?
Thanks in advance.

1649425474119.png
1649425483856.png
1649425494077.png

Top Bottom