313 cdi wont start when warm

triggertrevor

merc sprinter 313 cdi
2150cc
year 2001
long wheel base

Hi wondered if anyone could shed some light on this....?

My partners dads van will not start when warm/hot. From cold its on the button.....?

does anyone have any idea's.

i will speak with my partners dad later to find out what he has already tried to fix this problem.

thanks again all.......kev

sprintguy

16+ yrs Master Commercial technician
merc sprinter 313 cdi
2150cc
year 2001
long wheel base

Hi wondered if anyone could shed some light on this....?

My partners dads van will not start when warm/hot. From cold its on the button.....?

does anyone have any idea's.

i will speak with my partners dad later to find out what he has already tried to fix this problem.

thanks again all.......kev
Here read this whole thing, very informative
https://sprinter-source.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6782
Carl

surlyoldbill

Sprint Guy, yep, that's my thread. Trigger, my problem was a bad injector not letting the rail pressure build up high enough to tell the ECU that it's OK to start the motor (hot fuel is thinner). Other heat related issues are with sensors, and Scott was able to fix his no-start-when-hot issue by replacing the Camshaft sensor. From what I've heard, the most common source is bad O-rings in the rail pressure solenoid. Read the linked thread above and find out way more than you need to know.

surlyoldbill

Not to repeat too much from the other thread, but Dr. A posted an order # of a part repair set to fix the O-rings in the solenoid, about $10 if I remember correctly.

triggertrevor

hi all just a reply to your suggestions.

My partners dad has put a new set of o ring in the rail but its still doing the same so now should he be looking at the injectors or the sensors.?

If he starts looking at the sensors is there anyway of testing these sensors apart from swapping them out for new ones.?

cheers all thanks again

Kev

Top Bottom