OBD 2 permanet Codes/ dealer says no codes

locodrvr

The past several months I have felt my 2015 2.1 has been getting bad mpg and my foot always seems in it. I added a roof rack and panels this summer which probably be the cause. I drive the same route on the highway ever other day for work. Usually I would get 22/18 going and coming now its like 19/14. I hooked up a blue driver OBD 2 reader to check boost etc.. It showed to permanet codes P20Fa and P208A. "Reductant pump "B"/"a" contort circuit open, respectively,. I have taken it to two dealers both shops ran diagnostics, one shop says they smoke tested it for a leak the other shop said they ran a dyno test on it and see no codes or faults. Am I loosing my mind.. Why would an obd 2 reader show codes and there system not. Luckily where i live we don't have emissions. Wouldn't having permanent codes cause you to fail an emissions test?

Last edited:

locodrvr

I picked up the van at 50k and I have 85k on it now. They code reader says last time they were reset was 44k ago

lindenengineering

OK
This flies under the category of an NFF or NDF.

Most likely the tool you purchased isn't reading correctly you have a false reading or its reading a stored & erased code .
Remember most DIY scan tools read what is coming out of the back door of the ECM . Pro Scanners look at what is coming in the through the front door & the resultants .
Dennis

lindenengineering

A higher spec Autel is probably the most cost effective on pricing & for entry level techs as well .
Made in China of course.
Dennis

lrickley

I am getting a CEL and code is P208A, Stored, Pending, and Permanent. However, I am seeing no performance issues or driving problems. MPG's are normal, power is normal, all is well, but the light remains. The code details say reductant pump control circuit/open (my Autel MD200 is not working correctly, I only have access to the default ODB readings, can't clear until I get the proper service file loaded). Does anyone know where this harness is at on a 2014 2.1? I would like to at least take a peek at it before I go to my service shop. I am out of town right now too, I have driven about 1200 miles with the light on before I was able to check it. I did have the Nox sensors replaced already, and the DEF pump was replaced under warranty at about 63,000 miles due to failure, its at 106,000 now. If anyone has any thoughts or ideas, I don't want to clear the code until I check the harnesses, it's very possible they may have gotten wet, we had driven through some pretty hard rain shortly before the light came on.

Unless someone thinks its an emergent issue, I am planning to drive home later this week with the issue and have it dealt with during my Schedule B maintenance.

Last edited:

Kajtek1

2015 3500 X long limo RV
For 2014 models emission system failure will give you countdown sooner or later.
I would get a can of MAF, or other cleaner and wash the plugs at the tank to start with.
Do you still have warranty?

lrickley

For 2014 models emission system failure will give you countdown sooner or later.
I would get a can of MAF, or other cleaner and wash the plugs at the tank to start with.
Do you still have warranty?
Do you know how many harnesses/plugs there should be? I followed the tube from the DEF fill tube down to a black tank, I can see a few hoses, and a light blue capped thing near the tank, but not really seeing a wiring harness per se. Do you know how many wires it would have?

I am 106,000 miles so not sure on warranty, if it's DEF system related, I thought that was 150,000 miles? If that is the case, I may just wait and take to the dealer, if it's not under warranty I will give it a go myself. If I can get this darn Autel MD200 scanner tool working properly, I may also try to clear the code, and see if it comes back.

Thank you for your insights on this!

lrickley

Can anyone confirm that a P208A error is something that would be DEF system related and as such be included in the 150,000 emissions warranty?

Ciprian

Spark Plugs not allowed!
As far as I know emissions warranty is 100k miles or 5 years, whichever comes first.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Top Bottom