Lack of Hitchmount, what's it do to the overall config

paintrain

Hey Now -

I have a 2019 144 4wd on order that does NOT have an OEM hitch-mount installed.

Does anyone know if lack of spec-ed OEM hitch-mount equal say a smaller tranny cooler or radiator as it's assumed it's not for towing? :idunno:

Do I personally intend to tow? No, but a hitch-mount to haul MTBs is intended.

Thanks all!

sailquik

paintrain,
No difference at all in the drive train/cooing systems/transmissions/gear ratios.
Absolutely no difference with or without the factory towing cross member.
You can add an aftermarket hitch, but unless you have the towing cross member
and towing wiring harness installed at the factory as part of the original assembly
of your Sprinter you cannot get the TSA (Trailer Stability Assist) ......ever!
Better to get it and not need it than to not have it and want it, after the fact.
Roger

Last edited:

jbrownmxr

paintrain,
No difference at all in the drive train/cooing systems/transmissions/gear ratios.
Absolutely no difference with or without the factory towing cross member.
You can add an aftermarket hitch, but unless you have the towing cross member
and towing wiring harness installed at the factory as part of the original assembly
of your Sprinter you cannot get the TSA (Trailer Stability Assist) ......ever!
Better to get it and not need it than to not have it and want it, after the fact.
Roger
Sailquik is correct until he gets to the part about TSA. You CAN install a factory cross member, harness, and module. Then when you take it to a dealer with experience in version codling you’ll have ALL the functionality of a factory installed tow package.

It’s debatable as to if it’s worth it when a Curt hitch and an e trailer harness is both inexpensive and functional. Not sure why sailquik insists on perpetuating the myth of TSA.

marcwestbmw

Paintrain, please note your build should show under "Standard Equipment" the following;

E40 Trailer Hitch - Wire Harness w/7 Pin Connector

So then go Curt hitch and call it a day.

So when the snow lets up, crawl under the van and take a look. I'll check on old blue at the store Monday.:cheers:

Top Bottom