Million Mile Sprinter - Reviews

pfflyer

You make a recommendation for another shop with phone number. Why didn’t you use this shop to begin with? I use my van almost every day and even if someone was a little cheaper I would pick the shop That had a 1 day turnaround every time all things being equal. You knew upfront it would be at least a week and yet you still went with MMS at a cost of $100 day rental. Something isn’t adding up.

Joel is a complete loser hack!! My bill was over $$7000.00. He‘s a burnt out hippie Wannabe. He has worked on my truck several times. Each time there is an issue. Last time I get my truck back and it looked like someone puked all over my passenger seat. This took me an hour to scrub it clean. I have black Silverado seats.
so this time i Make an appt 6 weeks in advance for preventative maintenence work.dropped truck off Sunday night around 10pm. So he could get to work Monday morning as we agreed. He said truck should be done Friday. Which was ok to me. Friday comes around and I get a text saying I’m waiting for a part to come in and I’ll be on vacation and can’t get back to my truck on tuesday, meanwhile I rent a truck at 100$ a day I work seven days a week, then he gets back from vacation starts working on truck Replacing the fuel lines which he didn’t do the firstweek he had it. He toldme he was doing the bulletproof kit and when I asked about the fuel lines and alternator he didn’tdo them. He said the alternator looked good and I said it’s part of your kit I want it changed out, so now he had to go back and do my fuel lines and broke my low pressure pump prying it clearly with a screw driver and he had the balls to tell me this was like that. Anyone can see it was clearly a new break. look what he charged me for it. He also charged me for an oil change that I didn’t want or need for 175$ seriously ! I change my own oil and typically wrench on my sprinter myself but was busy and though I would catch up on some repairs needed. One of my a/c lines had a bubble in it. Wanted that replaced. Charged 325$ My condenser bolt was seized which I replaced 2 years ago , so he whacked me for a new one. This guy is a dirtbag!!!!! He charged over 1000$ to fix that see paperwork ,
this is a scamartist piece of trash.
i asked him to align all my doors,he replaces a rear wiring harness for a couple hundred bucks that I had no idea about he said it had some bad wires.Now whatever he did to my rear door won’t lock manually, or by the central locking system. He told me it worked fine when the truck left the lot. I called him the next morning about this. This guy is a fraud! My automatic fan now is just hanging loose. He replaced all my pulleys fan and clutch etc. he didn’t bolt my electric fan in and said I’m really sorry man. I wanted to reach thru the phone and ring his neck. I can fix all this shit but that’s why I paid him just wanted it done right and that didnt happen.
I do not recommend this guy.
if you think this clown is your only hope try quality fuel and service they specialize in sprinters they are quick and I mean over night. One night! They are quick and do great work. Their number is 8564772271View attachment 153626
He works out of his house, and has been reported for operating-business out of his house

D

Deleted member 50714

I subscribed and was diggin on his 1-minute vids i thought could be helpful to others but noticed he hasn't posted in 5-months. Hope he's okay.

Cocksman2

Poolguy69
You make a recommendation for another shop with phone number. Why didn’t you use this shop to begin with? I use my van almost every day and even if someone was a little cheaper I would pick the shop That had a 1 day turnaround every time all things being equal. You knew upfront it would be at least a week and yet you still went with MMS at a cost of $100 day rental. Something isn’t adding up.
It’s not about the cash. He said a week it was two. Joel the owner acts like he loves and knows sprinters better than anyone but not the case. He has serviced my truck several times. I have now learned the hard way. I can find a bunch of people to work on my truck but want a guy who actually works on tn1 everyday.

Cocksman2

Poolguy69
I guess my pics never posted of the pump he broke and my condenser that wasn’t seized. MMS is a hack.

If Joel/ MMSwere located in the DC area our company would still be running T1Ns. We have 9 vans.

I found Joel to be honest, thorough and highly available. He was definitely figuring some of the small business aspects out when we worked with him and he was upfront about that. Personally I’ll take a guy who answers the phone any day over a big giant mega garage where I can’t get a straight answer from anyone the prices are high and the work is questionable.

I also found his family delightful when we were working with him.

We’re contemplating selling the last 2 T1Ns since we’ve found nobody near as capable and available in our area to service them.

grdstudios

Thought I would give the little guy a shot on a water pump replacement project; pump kit and hose kit etc.

It didn't go well, incomplete shipments and poor communication have wasted a lot of my time and now I have the van down waiting for the last hose from another supplier.

More details here:

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=810914&postcount=150
He sure doesn't look like a
Thought I would give the little guy a shot on a water pump replacement project; pump kit and hose kit etc.

It didn't go well, incomplete shipments and poor communication have wasted a lot of my time and now I have the van down waiting for the last hose from another supplier.

More details here:

https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showpost.php?p=810914&postcount=150
My part came complete and promptly. This is the first I've seen complaints of him. Retail does suck because how do you please 100% of you customers?

parkgt

2007 Great West Van on 2006 2500 T1N
He sure doesn't look like a

My part came complete and promptly. This is the first I've seen complaints of him. Retail does suck because how do you please 100% of you customers?
You start with prompt communication, especially when there are delays in getting things delivered. Plenty of reasons for delays and issues, not many good reasons for failure to communicate!

grdstudios

You start with prompt communication, especially when there are delays in getting things delivered. Plenty of reasons for delays and issues, not many good reasons for failure to communicate!
I was told here in Florida most the Bar complaints (lawyers bar) are communication. It's made any problems I had selling on Ebay not a problem, just talk.
Yes that is almost unforgivable in retail. A one man shop could have a reason and it should be told. But being overwhelmed really confuses your mind

jvaughan

Not sure what chip these guys have on their shoulders, seem like they are unhappy with themselves for buying vans that can be tricky to source parts for and are wanting to take it out on whoever they can. I just ordered some stuff from Joel, a fan clutch came with oil leaking (not awesome) but he responded immediately by sending a replacement no questions asked, shipping it on a saturday (awesome). Also helped out once in the past with an urgent question i asked via instagram for removing an EGR valve - his free advice is worth a lot more than $0. I agree with Dennis, give the man a break.

DelVal

You sound like a right rusty tool. Perhaps need to lay off the coffee. Joel is a King among.men, with a great nature, affability and sincerity appreciated by the more relaxed souls among us.

As a long term.German car.fan and mechanic, Joel is soing the community filling his large yard with beyond repair spri ters.and salvaging all the in future hard to find parts. How many VW campers were crushed for scrap.value
Keep.going Joel. If you get a few malcontents among the thousands of fans, it is o ly to be expected.

Top Bottom