Have you installed aftermarket wheels?

mdbrown

I am about to order some Black Rhino wheels in 17x8, with 38mm offset (not the 52mm offset). I think I would rather do that than install wheel spacers. Will probably install BFG ATs in 275 width with either the 65% profile (31.1" dia) or 70% profile (32.2")

Does anyone have experience with these wheels or tire sizes on a 2019 Sprinter 4x4?

I understand these require longer lug bolts, which I have already ordered.

Thank you!

grantwilson

FreedomVanGo
Id do the 65 and you may still need the agile fender trim.

I have 16x8 +25 with 33" and i still need to trim more

mdbrown

My plan is to do Van Compass 2" lift when it's available, or maybe some combination of Van Compass lift and Agile coil-overs, if that's possible. So, hoping to limit other mods for clearance until that gets done and i know what, if anything is required.

sanomechanic

you need the fender things no matter what if you plan on running 32/33"
If a Transmission, engine or anything else related to the drive train or suspension components fail on a New Sprinter that has been altered with Over size tires, ect. Wonder if MB will tell you, warranty void.

Patrick walsh

Hmm,

My dealer told me today to bring my van in and they would mount balance and then reprogram my vans electronics or whatever so my active cruise and nav would still work.

For whatever it’s worth that’s what I’m being told. I’m gonna give it crack and see. I have no real reason to doubt them. I was very surprised today when I got the news, and very happy as I’ll loose my mind is I have to run wimpy 30.5’s forever..

mdbrown

Hmm,

My dealer told me today to bring my van in and they would mount balance and then reprogram my vans electronics or whatever so my active cruise and nav would still work.

For whatever it’s worth that’s what I’m being told. I’m gonna give it crack and see. I have no real reason to doubt them. I was very surprised today when I got the news, and very happy as I’ll loose my mind is I have to run wimpy 30.5’s forever..
looking forward to hearing your results at the dealer!

sanomechanic

One thing to be careful of with these New Sprinters. If anything fails or has issues from Transmissions to suspension to whatever MB can blame on alterations... Your warranty in that particular area my be voided. If work was performed by dealer then no worries.

Through my 35 plus years working for Toyota, Lexus, Honda and Acura. I have witness many warranty claims denied due to installation of certain aftermarket applications. Including certain over sized and or extreme offset wheel and tire packages.

For instance...Put a lift kit and go 4 sizes up on tires then your wheel bearings start growling, transmission fails or propeller shafts start going bad. Doubt very seriously MB will repair it under warranty

Hmm,

Patrick,
Any updates on the dealer reprograming your van electronics?

NJ2CA

New wheels and suspension should be arriving today for my 144 passenger van.

I went with the VanCompass Stage 1kit and black Method 701 17"x7.5 with Goodyear Duratracs 265/70r17 (they're slightly better in the snow than the KO2). I have the Agile mini fender and Terrawagen wheel arches arriving as well.

In theory this should all work out, I have Owl Van Engineering doing the work. I'll post some before/after pics when done.

John E

I'm running the Duratrac's on my '16 3500 sprinter and also my Sierra 1500 4wd. I'm very happy with them. Looking forward to your feedback on them.

Park City Mike

I put 275/70/R17 BFG KO2's on my 2019 144 4x4 with Method Race 701 Trail wheels. I installed the Agile No Rub Fenders first, and reinstalled the mud flap. No tire rub at all.

Patrick walsh

Thank you.

Finally a full on side shot of a 2019 with the biggest tires you can fit.

Looks great man. I’m excited for spring again.

I left the mini fender black. I figured it matches the rest of the black trim and doesn’t stick out. The mini fender is the thin black piece behind the mud flap

Top Bottom