2019 Sprinter chassis ground location in van?

The body equipment guide shows the same two ground points for the 2109 sprinter as for the previous model: under the driver’s seat and near the rear axel. However the driver seat point (looks like a stud mounted to the floor in the image) is missing on my 2019, there is no other place under the seat that looks like a ground point and no brown wires. There is one at the very upper rear corner of the inside of the van but it’s already fully used.

Can I just use a bolt with a good connection as an alternate (like one of the seat pedestal bolts) to ground my 200 Ah house system and 1000W inverter/charger? Or should I run a ground wire through the floor to the factory rear axle point? Thanks.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Another approach is to use *two* seat pedestal bolts. Spread the load, as it were.
Also scrape/sand off the paint so that your cable ends are firmly seated against bare metal.

--dick

mlaureti

Yup - Those are them!
Thanks for confirming!

On a related note... After reading from this forum, I decided to buy the Kisae DMT1250 DC to DC charger to limit the current taken from the alternator to 40 amps (The maximum stated in the upfitter documentation)

I know where to connect the positive terminal but don't know where to find the negative terminal under the seat. All wires are red! :)

Do I need to connect the negative back to the battery? See attached image.

Thanks

Attachments

skivo

Thanks for confirming!

On a related note... After reading from this forum, I decided to buy the Kisae DMT1250 DC to DC charger to limit the current taken from the alternator to 40 amps (The maximum stated in the upfitter documentation)

I know where to connect the positive terminal but don't know where to find the negative terminal under the seat. All wires are red! :)

Do I need to connect the negative back to the battery? See attached image.

Thanks
I have the same question actually. On the positive wire, could you post a picture with the correct location for connection ? I have DCDC renogy charger that also needs D+ wire connected to provide signal that the engine is on. I believe I need to connect the positive to the connector that is on when the alternator is running. As I assume is your case.

mlaureti

I have the same question actually. On the positive wire, could you post a picture with the correct location for connection ? I have DCDC renogy charger that also needs D+ wire connected to provide signal that the engine is on. I believe I need to connect the positive to the connector that is on when the alternator is running. As I assume is your case.
If you look closely at the picture I uploaded in my question, you will see my drawing. It shows where to connect your positive wire. It is actually the box I am holding in my hands.

That plastic box is located at the back right corner of the metal box. You open that black box and this is where you connect your positive wire.

erik.wahlstrom

Turns out those aren’t the factory neutrals. Those are the seat bolts. To get to the neutrals you have to pull out the plastic frame to get to them and they are underneath.
If you remove the pain under the seat bolts they could make good neutral posts 194A96AB-9490-486A-BFA2-E8679F86D765.jpeg9D9B72E0-C979-4657-9561-2A924B3866E9.jpeg

Top Bottom