T1N Replacement Engine Costs

Cavah

2002 Hymer RV, 2500 chassis
just some recently acquired knowledge for the hive mind
https://sprinterdepo.com/mercedes-engines/
Jerry
Replacement engines and stripped Injector hold down bolt expert
$6750 for rebuilt engine with quite a warranty, though I've forgotten how long.
Also says only use MB original waterpump, thermostat, and fan clutch assemblies for long life. Their remans have these parts as well

Cheers, Adam
you are late to the party,,,,,,,, they are to be avoided at any cost ! Plenty of negative history on that shop

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
With many of these reman engines having been overheated at some point, If I had the budget I would want a new head (AMC heads are good and about 1400$) instead of a used head on a rebuilt engine. In order to hit these price points many of these rebuilders aren't putting new heads on these engines. It saves money, but combustion leaks are a real problem. When overheated (or just high miles) the OM612/647 heads will crack between the valves and the glow plug hole, and eventually this will cause the head to fail (it can take a long time, but...).

Andrew1980

I started importing interesting cars from Europe that had never been on the US market and I can do it to order. My partners in Europe can carry out any type of work, have access to all parts and repair of transmission, engine and painting work. This year I want to bring a restored engine from Germany for 2001 - 2006 Dodge/Freightliner OM612 or 2004-2006 OM647 5Cyl 2.7L T1N, the engine will be completely restored and equipped with a turbine and injectors. What the price will be, warranty obligations are not yet known, but it will be an interesting offer...

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
This year I want to bring a restored engine from Germany for 2001 - 2006 Dodge/Freightliner OM612 or 2004-2006 OM647 5Cyl 2.7L T1N, the engine will be completely restored and equipped with a turbine and injectors.
Be careful as European OM611 and OM612 engines do not have the same emissions equipment as USA spec engines (ie no EGR, etc) and may not be legal to import into the USA. I'm pretty sure Dennis (@lindenengineering ) has run into this before.

lindenengineering

To answer/comment ---YES I HAVE.
Unless it has Federal certification it won't pass muster .
I bring in engines occasionally as declared spare parts as in PKD /CKD form and assemble here on US soil
Dennis.

Top Bottom