Clark 2.0 - 2019 2WD Iridium Silver 144"

zither99

Those look great. I love my blacked-out MB alloys but I'm considering a move to those exact Method 17s specifically so I can run 255/70R17s. IMHO they are the perfect tire size for a Sprinter. (A 4x4 needs much larger just to fill the wheel wells, then gas mileage suffers.)

If I stick with 16s the next step up is 265/75R16. Your size splits the difference down the middle between stock and the 265s. :thumbup:
Hey Ken, BFG Ko2 come also in size 265/70-16 which is slightly larger than stock, but not as heavy as a 265-75-16

sanomechanic

Hey Ken, BFG Ko2 come also in size 265/70-16 which is slightly larger than stock, but not as heavy as a 265-75-16
265/70r16 is not proper load range for a Sprinter. That size is a P metric tire for Light Truck applications.

Sprinter requires a commercial grade Load Range E

Last edited:

asimba2

2016 4cyl High Roof 144
Thanks. I'm now eyeing the Hankook Dynapro AT2 as I can get a load range E in the size I want. They get great reviews and I'm hoping to not loose too much of the 24-28 MPG I currently get.

I took a big MPG hit on my 4Runner when I went to BFGs (which is an acceptable tradeoff on a dedicated Offroad rig), but I'm hoping to lose less on the van with the lighter Hankooks. I'm taking the van down the Baja Peninsula soon so I need to get something installed ASAP.

zither99

265/70r16 is not proper load range for a Sprinter. That size is a P metric tire for Light Truck applications.

Sprinter requires a commercial grade Load Range E
Hey, KO2 makes that size in the proper load range for sprinter. I was surprised when I found out too.

Goodyear duratracs are not available in that size with proper load range.

Attachments

Last edited:

zither99

Thanks. I'm now eyeing the Hankook Dynapro AT2 as I can get a load range E in the size I want. They get great reviews and I'm hoping to not loose too much of the 24-28 MPG I currently get.

I took a big MPG hit on my 4Runner when I went to BFGs (which is an acceptable tradeoff on a dedicated Offroad rig), but I'm hoping to lose less on the van with the lighter Hankooks. I'm taking the van down the Baja Peninsula soon so I need to get something installed ASAP.
Yes, KO2's are heavy, even compared to Duratracs they are about 3lb more for same size/load rating. I had 265/75-16's on a 2014 4cyl 170" van and you really feel the van working harder to get going, and then again to stop.

Sorry to side track the build thread

Top Bottom