Scanner for 2019

Legwound

The ability to talk the OBD protocol may still be a country-by-country item.
Here in the US it has been required since 1996.
In Europe (and the UK) the service manuals still show it as optional in 2006.

I would ask a service garage if it was required in Spain.
If not, MB may be (almost) forcing you to use MB service facilities by not including OBD compliance.

--dick
does anyone know if there is OBD compliance in Canada. I'd hate to buy the scanner only to be shut out.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
does anyone know if there is OBD compliance in Canada. I'd hate to buy the scanner only to be shut out.
Since NAFTA provided (functionally) a single market, i'd tend to think they were OBD compliant.
Still, there were variations (such as who required daytime running lights).
The build sheets do cite when it's a Canadian build.

The datacards have:
ZU7 CANADIAN COUNTRY VERSION
ZZ4 MERCEDES-BENZ SCOPE OF BRANDS, NORTH AMERICA

--dick

dblax19

I've had issues with my 2019. My check engine light went off because I didn't unplug by battery when I installed a swivel on my drivers seat. I attempted to use a Foxwell 630 Plus and BAFX WiFi OBDII reader and neither was very helpful. I don't think either one was the right code reader that I needed. The Foxwell is supposed to support OBDII and ABS. I'd be curious if anyone has any more insights on the OBD protocol and if anything changed with the 2019/2020s

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
I've had issues with my 2019. My check engine light went off because I didn't unplug by battery when I installed a swivel on my drivers seat. I attempted to use a Foxwell 630 Plus and BAFX WiFi OBDII reader and neither was very helpful. I don't think either one was the right code reader that I needed. The Foxwell is supposed to support OBDII and ABS. I'd be curious if anyone has any more insights on the OBD protocol and if anything changed with the 2019/2020s
The SRS module is totally separate from either OBD or ABS so you will need to get a scanner able to talk to the SRS module. I'm not sure if anyone on here has had any success in talking to the SRS on a 2019 yet though! There was rumours the Autel AP200 BlueTooth dingle could but I haven't seen any confirmation.

Keith.

Alman

Hi folks... Can I pick your collective brains?

I have just taken delivery of a Hymer motorhome based on a 2019 Sprinter...

In 20 months we intend to ship the van to Canada and drive the Pan American Highway and beyond.

Quite possible that we will have a problem or two I guess and am looking at getting an OBD2 or a scanning dongle that will bluetooth to an Iphone / IPad.

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Autel have finally updated their MX808 with the 907 MB Sprinter. Also now its MK808. Has anyone tried this? I am thinking of getting one

Autel have finally updated their MX808 with the 907 MB Sprinter. Also now its MK808. Has anyone tried this? I am thinking of getting one
It didn't work for me. I downloaded the latest updates and tried decoding VINs on a 2019 and 2020. Neither could be decoded.

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
I have a DS808
FWIW. I'm unable to access my 2004 and 2006 T1N's using the VIN option. Other MD808 users report the same. The VIN software program may just not be as advertised.

I've always been able to go in and access modules and information using the screens provided. The VIN direct access not working may be similar for newer models too. Mercedes may have that access locked down somehow.

vic

FWIW. I'm unable to access my 2004 and 2006 T1N's using the VIN option. Other MD808 users report the same. The VIN software program may just not be as advertised.

I've always been able to go in and access modules and information using the screens provided. The VIN direct access not working may be similar for newer models too. Mercedes may have that access locked down somehow.

vic
Interesting. I wasn't able to access anything. I spoke with Tech Support and they said the DS808 should work on the VS30. They have my logs and are researching the problem.

Top Bottom