2019 4x4 144" HR Passenger Van Build - Just started Input welcome

benhoopes

Hello All,

Just started my Sprinter build. New to the VanLife world. But embracing it.

Unexpectedly purchased my rig on Wednesday. Funny story; I have been texting a salesman at the Mercedes dealership for about a year but with the high demand and low volume thought for sure it would be another year before I even had to consider buying a rig or not. Turns out a guy that built one backed out last minute so they had one available. I went up to see it in person and figured why not buy it. Very spur of the moment. A total impulse buy.

Friday figured I would take my first road trip from Provo, Utah down to Santee, California (713 miles). Why Santee? Because that is the home of Agile Offroad. Why Agile and not Van Compass. Because Agile had a RIP system ready for install and Van Compass if a few weeks out. So why not impulse buy a RIP kit as well. Made for a super long day 5:00 AM departure then arrive in Santee in time to drop off rig Uber to San Diego Airport then fly home back in Provo by 10:30 PM.

While I was there Jesus sold me on a ton of other cool stuff as well. So it will be getting the following while it is there.
- Ride Improvement Kit
- Winch
- Aux Diesel Tank
- Espar heater
- Black Rhino Arsenal wheels
- BFG KO2 tires
- Fender flare kit
- Water system
- ARB TwinAir Air Compressor
- A couple Auxiliary lights
- Hardwire of my Valentine1 Radar detector
- Pedal Box (So I can actually break the speed limit)
- Extra ceiling insulation
- AMP Research Side Steps
- Roof Rack and lights if we can find one that fits around the huge new AC unit.
- If a roof rack works I will be doing a iKamper as well.
- Full color change wrap in either Matte Military Green or Dark Matte Red.

This is just the beginning I am sure many more things will come along as well.

The rig is going to be used primarily as a shuttle for my kids and their buddies to ski races in the winter and a mountain bike and dirt bike mover in the warmer months. Any suggestions to make these outings more fun please chime in and give some input.

Attachments

Onefin

Pedal box doesn’t eliminate the speed governor @82 MPH.
Make sure to get the latest model Espar heater (s2) as it has a built in “altitude adjustment” which will be helpful on ski trips.
Might as well have some operable windows installed AMA sliders are nice. https://www.vanwindowsdirect.com/co...creened-half-slider-window-sprinter-van-07-18
https://www.owlvans.com/shop/roof-rack-all-aluminum-safari-style Works with factory AC and you can grab one in Marin (they’ll install) on your way home, then cut over back to Utah via highway 50.....

Matte green better than matte red....

Umm are you in the market to adopt any adults? Seriously though sounds like a great start to what will be a fantastic shuttle van!! Several rack designs for factory A/C agree with Onefin Matte green, which IMO would look awesome.

benhoopes

Pedal box doesn’t eliminate the speed governor @82 MPH.
Make sure to get the latest model Espar heater (s2) as it has a built in “altitude adjustment” which will be helpful on ski trips.
Might as well have some operable windows installed AMA sliders are nice. https://www.vanwindowsdirect.com/co...creened-half-slider-window-sprinter-van-07-18
https://www.owlvans.com/shop/roof-rack-all-aluminum-safari-style Works with factory AC and you can grab one in Marin (they’ll install) on your way home, then cut over back to Utah via highway 50.....

Matte green better than matte red....
Thanks. Those windows look awesome. Definitely need some of those. The 19 has a speed governor at 92. I was just looking for a little more off the line speed with the pedal box.

I will make sure we get the latest Espar. I will be a lot of different elevations.

Also thanks for the heads up on the rack. I am sure there will eventually be Solar and other things that will need to get mounted up there.

shack

Thanks. Those windows look awesome. Definitely need some of those. The 19 has a speed governor at 92. I was just looking for a little more off the line speed with the pedal box.

I will make sure we get the latest Espar. I will be a lot of different elevations.

Also thanks for the heads up on the rack. I am sure there will eventually be Solar and other things that will need to get mounted up there.
benhoopes, what color is your Sprinter?

benhoopes

Impressive! Any challenges with parking sensors or other electronics?
I think the sensors will work. But i haven't picked up my rig from Agile yet. I am in Utah and rig is in San Diego. Sensors aren't a big deal to me I just hope to not have a buzzer constantly ringing the whole time if they are blocked.

benhoopes

What tires (size and type) and rims are those on your van? Looks sweet.
BFG KO2's. Not sure what size We are just going to try and fit the biggest ones we can after the RIP kit is installed and we trimmed the fenders. When i go to pick up the rig i will post more pics fo the tires and where they rub if that is still an issue. The ones pictured above don't seem to rub at all.

mdbrown

Curious if Agile is just doing the coil kit without the front shock kit? Van Compass says it's not compatible with rear AC, due to the routing of the coolant lines, and they said Agile had told them about the issue and said they would only do coil kits until there's a solution. Did you have to forego the front shock kit?

Top Bottom