2012 Sprinter stalls when coming to a stop, P0088 code

Risingtrout

It happens when I press the brake and slow down while in drive. If I put it in neutral to slow down, it does not stall.

It also seems to happen more often when I have the air conditioner or heater running.
I have a P0088 code as well.
The shop has been unsuccessful at diagnosing it correctly and fixing it. They checked injectors, fuel lines, pressure regulator valve, etc.

It seems like an electric issue to me...
Any ideas on where to start to diagnose it if it's electrical?

turbo911

when was last time you changed fuel filter? i have had a hard to diagnose p0088 code too. i have changed fuel filter, pressure sensor on fuel rail, and checked wiring loom. (where i found multiple shorted wires because of chaffing) i have also replaced the MAF and air filter. to complicate matters i now learn that most of the replacements need to be initialized to the main computer at the dealer. my first thought would be to get to a real dealer and have them do a proper diagnoses. have them check the fuel pressure at the filter and replace as necessary and reinitialize all the fuel related values to the computer. if your wiring loom in the center of the engine looks chaffed at all have them check for shorts.

It happens when I press the brake and slow down while in drive. If I put it in neutral to slow down, it does not stall.

It also seems to happen more often when I have the air conditioner or heater running.
I have a P0088 code as well.
The shop has been unsuccessful at diagnosing it correctly and fixing it. They checked injectors, fuel lines, pressure regulator valve, etc.

It seems like an electric issue to me...
Any ideas on where to start to diagnose it if it's electrical?
You're doing a pretty good job of describing your symptoms. :thumbup:

Does it happen when the vehicle is warm and/or cold?

Did you buy it new, or used?

Do your brake lights work?

Do you have aftermarket add-on trailer tow wiring?

when was last time you changed fuel filter? i have had a hard to diagnose p0088 code too. i have changed fuel filter, pressure sensor on fuel rail, and checked wiring loom. (where i found multiple shorted wires because of chaffing) i have also replaced the MAF and air filter. to complicate matters i now learn that most of the replacements need to be initialized to the main computer at the dealer. my first thought would be to get to a real dealer and have them do a proper diagnoses. have them check the fuel pressure at the filter and replace as necessary and reinitialize all the fuel related values to the computer. if your wiring loom in the center of the engine looks chaffed at all have them check for shorts.
A fuel filter problem will not cause a vehicle to stall only when coming to stops in gear.

Why did you replace all those parts?

Were all those replacement parts aftermarket, or genuine Mercedes-Benz parts?

Risingtrout

You're doing a pretty good job of describing your symptoms. :thumbup:

Does it happen when the vehicle is warm and/or cold? Both warm and cold. This problem (the stalling) will go away for a while and then suddenly come back.

Did you buy it new, or used? I've had the vehicle for 5 years and this problem has been happening for close to 2 years

Do your brake lights work? yes

Do you have aftermarket add-on trailer tow wiring?
no tow wiring

Risingtrout

I did find an exposed wire on that bundle of wires under the air filter. I re-wrapped the one wire and then put some heat resistant material around the bundle. I thought that was fix because the symptoms went away for a while. The symptoms then returned after 700 miles of driving.

D

Deleted member 50714

I did find an exposed wire on that bundle of wires under the air filter. I re-wrapped the one wire and then put some heat resistant material around the bundle. I thought that was fix because the symptoms went away for a while. The symptoms then returned after 700 miles of driving.
Re-check.

Top Bottom