2003 Sprinter Wont Start

BrennWagon

He’s just this guy, you know?
Have you removed the air from the fuel lines downstream of the low pressure pump? 2006 models are self priming but I believe I’ve heard that 2003’s are not

Have you removed the air from the fuel lines downstream of the low pressure pump? 2006 models are self priming but I believe I’ve heard that 2003’s are not
Any Sprinter with an in tank fuel pump easily self primes. That is NAS aka NAFTA 2004 MY and up. There is no reason to pre-fill the fuel filter. A few ignition key timed on off cycles will pump fuel around through the system.

A slight correction on the NAS 2001 - 2003 MY with engine mounted low pressure mechanical fuel pump (OM612 engines).
As long as the fuel system is leak free the suck pump system is also self priming. If the fuel filter isn't pre-filled it takes quite a bit of cranking, but a tight system will eventually self prime. If I owned an OM612 model (I don't) I would pre-fill the fuel filter to save some wear and tear on the starter.

:cheers: vic

Se1900

My 2 dollar tips
F9651DE9-FF10-494F-8BB8-C94666249943.jpg EED51A97-7FED-4EC7-86E9-D31A2DB26E75.jpg
Verry comon fault on 612 that the o-ring on the fuel Pressure regulator splits= no rail pressure.
And very cheap inssurance.
Use som brakcleaner/starterfluid to get the engine running.

B

billintomahawk

A slight correction on the NAS 2001 - 2003 MY with engine mounted low pressure mechanical fuel pump (OM612 engines).
As long as the fuel system is leak free the suck pump system is also self priming. If the fuel filter isn't pre-filled it takes quite a bit of cranking, but a tight system will eventually self prime. If I owned an OM612 model (I don't) I would pre-fill the fuel filter to save some wear and tear on the starter.

:cheers: vic
Take this as Sprinter gospel.

bill in tomahawk

Ring man

:clapping: Well I finally got it.

Thanks for al the help.

What worked was cracking all the injectors and hooking the the pump to the filter intake from he tank and sucked fuel from a can until all air was gone.

:clapping: Well I finally got it.

Thanks for al the help.

What worked was cracking all the injectors and hooking the the pump to the filter intake from he tank and sucked fuel from a can until all air was gone.
Thanks for the update.

Not that you asked...

Those measures shouldn't be necessary on a tight system. Be aware that if you again run into intermittent starting problems you may still have air leaks in the fuel system.

:2cents: vic

Top Bottom