Issues adding premium and comfort plus to build

my_vw_sucks

I’m working with my dealership trying to put together a September cargo build and the sales man seems to be having a hell of a time. He’s telling me that many options can’t be paired together; ie electric seats and heated seats. But more importantly he can’t add premium and comfort plus packages.

Are there certain models that certain packages are incompatible or is my dealer just crazy?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sanomechanic

Sounds like deal is crazy. Power seats "Comfort Plus Package" includes heated seats. The must ad comfort package first to add the plus package . Go to MBVANS.COM build the van and get the codes yourself.

my_vw_sucks

Sounds like deal is crazy. Power seats "Comfort Plus Package" includes heated seats. The must ad comfort package first to add the plus package . Go to MBVANS.COM build the van and get the codes yourself.

I did get just that. Have all codes for all the options I want. I think I’m going to go there in person and see if we can’t work through it with some proding from me.

sailquik

my VW sucks,
This is a common problem with virtually ALL MB Sprinter dealers this year.
You select what you need, the sales person enters it in the Sprinter configuration computer and
it comes back with multiple configuration issues or won't authorize many options because they are
supposedly FLEET ONLY options.
Mine has been on order since Dec. 24th last year and they've promised that by pulling in alot of favors
they might build the configuration I want before the end of the 2019 model year.
The problems are mostly with the new plant in No. Charleston, SC.
The experienced engineering and assembly people they wanted to bring over from Germany to get
the new plant up and running smoothly didn't happen.
Plus the huge Amazon (and a few other fleets) orders pretty much took up all their production capacity
so this entire year has been "FLEET FOCUSED" and those of us who want to order new Sprinters with
special options get at the end of the line.
It's all about "FLEET FIRST"!
Hopefully MB corporate will see the errors/flaws of their "Fleet First" policies before they lose their entire
customer base.
Roger

Last edited:

GLJones

Our dealer had to get on the phone with the factory folks and walk through the build with their help. Their ordering system has serious issues. My dealer is quite frustrated with the factory. In fact, my 2019 will be built August 1st and last Friday we were notified that many of the colors are not actually available, including our selection of Red. They only have black, several grays, yellow and blue. Mercedes really needs to get its act together. All colors still showing on their website, along with other options thay cannot provide right now, like the automatic sliding passenger door.

my_vw_sucks

Got everything figured out today except X68. However we have heated and electric on the driver side and heated and manual on the passenger side, so not too worried. I too had to change the color. It let us put the electric sliding door through [emoji1696] hope it works out.

VanGoSki

I’m working with my dealership trying to put together a September cargo build and the sales man seems to be having a hell of a time. He’s telling me that many options can’t be paired together; ie electric seats and heated seats. But more importantly he can’t add premium and comfort plus packages.

Are there certain models that certain packages are incompatible or is my dealer just crazy?

This sounds like your salesman's fault. Comfort Plus already has both heated and electrically adjustable seats, as sanomechanic said. So it makes sense you can't add the individual options separately then try to add the package. Delete heated and electric seats. Then add just the Comfort Plus package. My dealer had no issues with my build with all these options just a couple of weeks ago.

Top Bottom