2019 4x4 Delay

Yes in Wichita, not sure what brand the shop uses, they installed some on our 17 Sprinter on hood & on side of van behind Aluminess ladder, it looked and held up well.

Mr Makai

Well the stork finally delivered our chubby little baby van this evening. Looks like only thing missing from our build is the Lighting Package-led lights, fogs etc, from what I’ve see that seems fairly common.

Does anybody know if I can add factory fog lights or if MB sells kit to do so?

Van just showed up at 5pm today so waiting till tomorrow for what rework the wipers need and dealer will fix under warranty.

After that clear film on hood, area above windshield, 235/85/16 tires and drop off to get build done.

Here’s a dirty off transport photo
Another one lands! Yay!

What color is that? Looks great

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wquek

Work in progress
Where do you guys get these status updates? Through the dealer or is there a way online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mr Makai

Where do you guys get these status updates? Through the dealer or is there a way online?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My salesman. He is always nice and has been great. He does however forget to decide the update into non-MB language.

NoSoupForU

Well the stork finally delivered our chubby little baby van this evening. Looks like only thing missing from our build is the Lighting Package-led lights, fogs etc, from what I’ve see that seems fairly common.

Does anybody know if I can add factory fog lights or if MB sells kit to do so?

Van just showed up at 5pm today so waiting till tomorrow for what rework the wipers need and dealer will fix under warranty.

After that clear film on hood, area above windshield, 235/85/16 tires and drop off to get build done.

Here’s a dirty off transport photo
:thumbup: Congrats! I hope mine is right behind it.

dbedy

Picked up my crew high roof 144 today!
Spent the night so far ordering parts.

High roof 144 passenger van is on the lot and available as well.
No waiting! Albuquerque NM

Last edited:

dbedy

The guys over there were friendly to work with and did not hit me with over sticker pricing. I would call Claude at the dealership.

Mr Makai

My dealership pinged me yesterday and mine has left the building and is on its way via train. Should pick it up in 2-3 weeks

bsqr

My dealership pinged me yesterday and mine has left the building and is on its way via train. Should pick it up in 2-3 weeks.
Good news! My salesman told me that about the same time as paint issues came up and they limited the available colors, they also switched from rail shipping to truck shipping. Are you sure it is being shipped via rail? Mine probably won't arrive until some time around January so it's entirely possible the change in the shipping method hasn't taken effect quite yet?

Mr Makai

Good news! My salesman told me that about the same time as paint issues came up and they limited the available colors, they also switched from rail shipping to truck shipping. Are you sure it is being shipped via rail? Mine probably won't arrive until some time around January so it's entirely possible the change in the shipping method hasn't taken effect quite yet?
Yes it is definitely on rail

Wanted to elaborate on our delay, it appears our van collected dust for 3 months due to having the wrong windshield washer reservoir pump installed at time of production. Ours was ordered with rear wipers & they installed a washer fluid pump for a front only build, the rear wiper builds use a pump with 2 outlet ports for the hose hookups.

Simple fix local dealer ordered part and repaired.

Crazy something so trivial and easy to repair had the van sitting in the rework lot for 3 months.

Hope others on here don't have to deal with lengthy delays for equally silly reasons.

Mr Makai

Wanted to elaborate on our delay, it appears our van collected dust for 3 months due to having the wrong windshield washer reservoir pump installed at time of production. Ours was ordered with rear wipers & they installed a washer fluid pump for a front only build, the rear wiper builds use a pump with 2 outlet ports for the hose hookups.

Simple fix local dealer ordered part and repaired.

Crazy something so trivial and easy to repair had the van sitting in the rework lot for 3 months.

Hope others on here don't have to deal with lengthy delays for equally silly reasons.
That's crazy!

Top Bottom