MBUX and AC

Notfamous

I just picked up my 144 Crew with 10" mbux. One thing I overlooked was making sure I had the auto AC feature. However, I found a fortunate glitch. As I was setting up a user profile on the MBUX, I noticed the climate display reset. At which point the fan and vent selection switched to auto (I do not have an "auto" button). The climate control now performs like it is in auto mode. If I change the fan speed or vent selection it switches to manual mode and there is no way to go back to auto without resetting the MBUX profile.

Sctn

2019 170 4x4 Crew-SMB West
Ththanks for the info. Since you have the 10”...is the dash front around it glossy or a flat black/grey? In stock photos or pictures online when you see the larger mbux display it seems to have a glossy dash compared to the smaller mbux display.

iksro

I just picked up my 144 Crew with 10" mbux. One thing I overlooked was making sure I had the auto AC feature. However, I found a fortunate glitch. As I was setting up a user profile on the MBUX, I noticed the climate display reset. At which point the fan and vent selection switched to auto (I do not have an "auto" button). The climate control now performs like it is in auto mode. If I change the fan speed or vent selection it switches to manual mode and there is no way to go back to auto without resetting the MBUX profile.
Ive been racking my brain trying to figure out how to get it back without having to do a reset of the profile. There has to be a way...... My only other fear is that on an "update" from MB that feature will be programmed out. I noticed the auto feature but once I got it out of the auto setting I cant get it back in so...for now I will have to do the reset

72chevy4x4

I noticed the same thing, it's on odd glitch. I adjusted the fan and it kicked out of manual but the other function is still in auto mode.

wquek

Work in progress
I too have been scratching my head on this one. The only solution is to reset the profile. Hopefully someone from the collective wisdom here knows the answer.

I inadvertently got the AC running in auto shortly after purchase. I discovered how to get out of that mode quite easily and have been struggling to get back into it for quite some time. Thank you for the info!! I do hope there is a simpler solution in the future.

This is my first vehicle in more than a decade that does not have an ‘auto’ button for the climate control. When I got my van, it was in Auto. Then i hit a button and it went off of auto and I couldn’t figure out how to get it back.

I’ll be following this thread to see if anyone comes up with a solution.

Jupiter_Shrugged

Junebug vs. Hurricane
@Notfamous -- This has been driving me crazy for three days. CC was in "Auto" then went off auto when I touched the fan speed lever. I couldn't figure out how to get it back to auto auto, looked in the manual, all it said was, "push the Auto button"... But I don't have an auto button. I called the dealer who was stumped. I found this thread and ran out to reset the driver profile and it went right back to auto.

Jupiter_Shrugged

Junebug vs. Hurricane
Do you have the optional HH4 Thermotronic automatic climate control?
I do not have option HH4... Which is curious because, once turned on with the double through down secret squirrel reset of the driver profile, the climate control functions as if the van has the HH4. That is, until someone touches either the fan speed or vent control buttons. Possibly any button other than temperature set point control.

Perhaps I could simply order the "Auto" button and add it. :unsure:

w15p

2019 144 HR 4x4
replicated... I do not have HH4, but am able to get the auto mode working through a new profile or a reset of the profile (which sucks because you have to enter home address again, etc...)

My auto settings stay on until the corresponding function is used -- eg if I touch the fan speed, it disables the Auto fan (but keeps the Auto vent control) and if I touch the vent controls, it disables the Auto vent controls.

just adding the button would be sweet... I assume a cable would also be needed, but if it just plugs into the back of the MBUX unit...

Does anyone have the part numbers for the switch and the cable? I'd be willing to take a gamble on this.

replicated... I do not have HH4, but am able to get the auto mode working through a new profile or a reset of the profile (which sucks because you have to enter home address again, etc...)

My auto settings stay on until the corresponding function is used -- eg if I touch the fan speed, it disables the Auto fan (but keeps the Auto vent control) and if I touch the vent controls, it disables the Auto vent controls.

just adding the button would be sweet... I assume a cable would also be needed, but if it just plugs into the back of the MBUX unit...

Does anyone have the part numbers for the switch and the cable? I'd be willing to take a gamble on this.
I have also been looking for the HH4 climate controls part number to try this out. There are extra sensors required for the Auto to work based on the ordering guide. Since I have all of them I can only hope it might be plug and play.

Wow. When I asked at the dealership, I was told there was only one climate control unit option. Seemed strange given the plethora of options that are available. I did some research and couldn't seem to prove otherwise. Now I know. I too would be interested in swapping that control unit out for the HH4 option if it is plug and play.

Roamers

2020 4X4 170 Crew
I wish you luck with retrofitting. I am guessing for $326 option price, it is more than a button. It amazes me how little many Sprinter sales people know. I never saw an in stock unit with HH4 on it. After looking at the additional vent combinations available with HH4, it was worth the $ to me.

w15p

2019 144 HR 4x4
I wish you luck with retrofitting. I am guessing for $326 option price, it is more than a button. It amazes me how little many Sprinter sales people know. I never saw an in stock unit with HH4 on it. After looking at the additional vent combinations available with HH4, it was worth the $ to me.
@Roamers -- would you be willing to snap a photo of the cable end and back of the button in your rig?

I understand your logic on with the cost it much be more than just a switch, but the reality is that it works with my existing sensors, it just is not easy to turn back on if accidentally disabled -- that tells me that a simple switch might work here.

I'm imagining it would require replacing the entire unit the buttons are on, little screen and all. And more than the $326 the option cost originally. The AC control panel in my Tacoma was $700 to replace.

Top Bottom