parking package

I am looking at the options of the new sprinter-i will be getting gasoline-and i wonder what the parking package is ?

anybody have it and is it useful

autostaretx

Erratic Member
There are two "parking packages": option codes JB6 (with 360 degree camera) and JB7 (without said camera).

From the Equipment book for the JB7:
The parking system is using twelve distance sensors and the revers-ing camera. It supports the driver during the parking procedure, when maneuvering in confined spaces and when driving out of exits.
The parking system ensures greater safety when parking and maneuvering due to:
 Visual and acoustic warnings of objects in front of and behind the vehicle as well as at the side of the vehicle
 Speed limitation when driving off if obstacles are detected in the direction of travel (Drive Away Assist)
JB7 uses one digital camera on the rear roof end (FR8). Dynamic guide lines are displayed when the reverse gear is engaged and irrespective of the current wheel angle. If the rear door is open, this is indicated in the view.
Additional features:
Parktronic
The Parktronic is an electronic parking aid with ultrasound and uses six distance sensors in the front bumper and six distance sensors in the rear bumper to monitor the vehicle´s surroundings. The Park-tronic provides a visual and acoustic indication of the distance between the vehicle and an obstacle. The volume of acoustic warnings can be adapted in the multimedia system.
Rear Cross Traffic Alert (with code JA7, Blind Spot Assist)
Automatic braking to avoid collision with traffic crossing the vehicle’spath (e.g. vehicles, pedestrians) when reversing. If an object is registered the warning symbol on the corresponding side mirror lights up in red and additionally, an acoustic warning signal occurs. A warning signal appears in the multime-dia system in case of critical situations.
Drive Away Assist
If an obstacle is registered in the driving path, it temporarily limits the driving speed to 1.8 mph (3 km/h). In critical situations a warning symbol is displayed via the multimedia system.
---------------
JB6 adds these camera-related paragraphs:
In addition to twelve distance sensors the 360° camera system has four digital cameras. One camera behind the radiator trim, one in each side mirror housings and one on the rear roof. The parking system uses picture data to generate various views of the vehicle’s surroundings which are shown in real time in the multimedia display. The views can be generated either from one camera or from four cameras. Depending on the view, dy-namic guide lines are displayed to assist the driver. They indicate the path which the vehicle would follow with the current steering wheel angle. The yellow guide lines are automatically adapted as the steering wheel angle changes. The outer guide lines symbolize the vehicle width including the outside mirrors.
Via a switch on the media system the reversing camera can also manually be activated when driving in forward direction at speeds of up to 18 mph (29 km/h). The camera also works with opened rear doors. The cameras cover an area of about 118 inch (3 m) in front and behind, and about 98 inch (2.5 m) to the left and right side of the vehicle.
JB6 requires F64 and is only available for vehicles below 10,000lbs.
------------------
F64 are the electrically-retracting side mirrors:
The electrically foldable mirrors, are only available in conjunction with the adjustable and heated exterior mirrors (F68) for vehicles up to 10,000 lbs. They can be operated using the button located in the control panel on the driver’s door. The side mirrors can be conveniently folded when parking, and driving through a narrow road or car wash facility preventing any potential damage.

--dick
p.s. the Equipment book: View attachment 2019Equipment Book V3 USA Retail.pdf

gltrimble

2017 170 4x4
I am looking at the options of the new sprinter-i will be getting gasoline-and i wonder what the parking package is ?

anybody have it and is it useful
If you avoid one backing accident it has more than paid for itself.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

surferJ

To get the auto braking function I had to opt out of the manual transmission.
When I decided on a 2019 I tried in the order to make it as worthwhile as possible, reasons for going new. This option and the 360 protection seemed like they were that kind of stuff.

Thanks for the info dick, I didn’t know the half of the details.

Gski

I test drove a 2019 demo van back in December. It took about ten minutes to decide that the 360 camera version was worth the money.
This happened 15 minutes after I told my wife we wouldn’t get that option as it was over-priced.
Expensive, but we committed to it, and all the other options required to install it.

Notfamous

JB6 Option is worth it! Makes it super easy to maneuver tight spots. You can turn the cameras on if you're traveling under 10mph. You get 2 views when the camera is activated. the 360 and the direction you're moving. The forward facing camera was a pleasant surprise to me. If i had the 4x4 version, this would be super handy off road. Now to get used to the height of this thing.

cacaw

I had a hard time finding the passenger van I wanted and wasn't able to get anything beyond the FR8 Rear View Camera. I'm wondering if any of the additional sensors can be added on later. The 360º camera would have been fantastic but I would have had to wait forever.

Well... for someone on the waiting list, hoping to place an order mid to late June for a 2020, this 2019Equipment Book V3 USA Retail.pdf is like the Sears Catalog has arrived just before Christmas!

DewMan

Well... for someone on the waiting list, hoping to place an order mid to late June for a 2020, this 2019Equipment Book V3 USA Retail.pdf is like the Sears Catalog has arrived just before Christmas!
Is there somewhere to download the V3 pdf?

cacaw

Is there somewhere to download the V3 pdf?
Click on the blue arrow next to Paintrain's name to go back to the post with the download links.

Y'allz -

Spoke with "Nick" at MB of Westminster here in CO about the 2019s.

He was kind enough to provide the Dealer Ordering Guide, as well as v3 of the Equipment Book that has nice descriptions for each of the options -- "DOG for Dummies". Has been nice to decipher some of the finer data-points.

Hope they're helpful.

P-Train

Jumpy787

Does anyone have the 360° parking package with the 8” screen? I’m wondering how the resolution is and if it’s worth the package price of the 10” screen?

timmy527

The 7.5" MBUX screen is more than adequate, I can see EVERYTHING! The 360 degree view is weird but cool ( still don't know where the drone that takes the picture from 10' above the van lives )

GLJones

I have it on the big 10" screen. Love it. We navigate loading docks and have to back in crowded, crazy places. The 360 views make it pretty easy. I wouldn't buy another Sprinter without it after having it.

moses

+1 for the 360 camera. It was on my must have list when looking for a van and I'm glad I got it. It allows you to get into and (more importantly) out of any parking space. Keep a watch for high objects though, Like roof overhangs and trees as it doesn't see those. You can get a false sense of security with how much you can see on the ground.

Top Bottom