Murphy Bed - Soundbars?

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Which soundbars have you bought?

How about with true wireless satellite speakers?

I tried the cheapest Taotronics unit from Amazon last year, with all its great Reviews, but there are no controls or improvements with dialogue.

RandyJohnson

2018 Unity TB
In our 2018TB we added the Bose 5 Soundbar.

This was one of the suggestions from LTV.

My wife feels that it has made the TV easier to hear.

The only added issue is the need to now have multiple remotes one for the TV and one for the soundbar.

JHMooney

2018 Unity MB
I notice the title of your thread says Murphy Bed. Were you thinking of mounting speakers in the Murphy Bed area? Seems like it might be a good place for a set of rear speakers as long as the bed didn't muffle the sound when it is closed. Wireless would be perfect since the bed is in the slide. I've been thinking about setting up a surround sound for the TV, for me I'd probably go with Sonos as they seem to play better with Apple and all my electronic devices are Apple. Using the iPhone as a remote and/or Siri would eliminate the need for multiple remotes. Oh wait, I still have the dumb TV and Dish receiver so I would have to use the remote.

Scarecrow

I mention Murphy Bed because everybody/someone typically wants to know the floorplan. Speakers for the pop-up TV in the Murphy Bed plan would be different, I assume, than the Island Bed.

So, yes, wireless would be ideal to mount on the wall of the Murphy Bed or its vertical sidewalls (the front fa ing panels). If they were not connected to the Subwoofer. I think there are a few systems like JBL that offer battery-powered satellite speakers. But it's a lot of money. Then there are the kind that must plug into a wall socket. Not easy on the rear side of that bed, unless I can add a socket somewhere.

Sonos have an excellent reputation, but now we're talking about REAL money!

Last edited:

kabaker@ieee.org

2018 LTV Unity 24MB LL+
Which soundbars have you bought?

How about with true wireless satellite speakers?

I tried the cheapest Taotronics unit from Amazon last year, with all its great Reviews, but there are no controls or improvements with dialogue.
Here is where I added our SoundBar right under the overhead cabinets above the pop-up TV. This is the Vizio SoundBar so it ties right in with the original Vizio remote and the Vizio Smart TV...NOTE: I replaced the OEM Vizio TV that originally came from LTV.

I also added 4 speakers to the ceiling and tied in with the Jensen system along with adding a Smart BluRay. We have all the options covered for sound and entertainment including DISH and several streaming options after adding the Winegard Connect 2.0 + and a new Kenwood unit in the cab to replace the Becker POS plus an overhead Blaupunkt drop-down/swivel DVD and game unit on the cab area overhead.

The SoundBar and added speakers did improve the TV dialogue but still best is using BlueTooth headphones tied in with the DISH Wally when using that option.

We also have the Unity (2018 Leisure Lounge +) model.

Lots of Audio/Video options, yes, I use them all if I feel the need and I'm not out enjoying nature.

Attachments

Last edited:

Natuzzi

I mention Murphy Bed because everybody/someone typically wants to know the floorplan. Speakers for the pop-up TV in the Murphy Bed plan would be different, I assume, than the Island Bed.

So, yes, wireless would be ideal to mount on the wall of the Murphy Bed or its vertical sidewalls (the front fa ing panels). If they were not connected to the Subwoofer. I think there are a few systems like JBL that offer battery-powered satellite speakers. But it's a lot of money. Then there are the kind that must plug into a wall socket. Not easy on the rear side of that bed, unless I can add a socket somewhere.

Sonos have an excellent reputation, but now we're talking about REAL money!
Sonos are great! Have them at home but they are strictly wifi; no BlueTooth.

Scarecrow

Here is where I added our SoundBar right under the overhead cabinets above the pop-up TV. This is the Vizio SoundBar so it ties right in with the original Vizio remote and the Vizio Smart TV...NOTE: I replaced the OEM Vizio TV that originally came from LTV.
How did you plug in the Soundbar to power, and the TV?

CashedOut

Bose Solo 5. No need for additional surrounds. Huge sound improvement. Mine sits on top of the cutout plate on top of the TV that emerges when you raise the TV. I ran the optical cable and power to a Velcro tie on the back the TV and connect when I set up. When under way, it resides, wrapped in some of the original packaging under the TV. Ideally, there would be room on the TV mount to raise the TV enough to mount the sound bar below the TV, but there just isn’t. Great benefit of the Bose Solo 5 is that it is Bluetooth enabled so I can run music directly from my iPad, iPhone or any other such device, indoors or outdoors, and ignore the Jensen system.

SSTraveler

2014 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
I have the original 32" Vizio TV and I have been noticing that I can't hear dialogue very well on TV shows, particularly if people have accents. We like to stream a lot of British murder mysteries from Amazon/Acorn/Britbox and I just can't understand what they are saying. The voices/words have become indistinguishable among the background noises. So I bought this ZVOX Sound bar, https://www.amazon.com/AccuVoice-AV203-TV-Speaker-Technology/dp/B07DD16FVX/ref=sr_1_2_sspa?crid=3MQM3CSJJS15K&dchild=1&keywords=zvox+sound+bars+for+tv&qid=1596715724&sprefix=Zvox+s,aps,305&sr=8-2-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUFETjI1U0FQRlZKODYmZW5jcnlwdGVkSWQ9QTA4ODA5NTUzTzVYMk1ONlExMzk1JmVuY3J5cHRlZEFkSWQ9QTA4MjI1NDExNkpFU0RHMkVIVkpOJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==, and installed it under the TV. It has 6 levels of voice enhancement, and I find level 3 is perfect to hear and understand the words of the characters. I needed to raise the TV up about 2.25" so I could mount the sound bar below the tv. It was an easy install, I just drilled 2 new holes above the existing TV bracket mounting holes, then I removed the first 2 nuts/bolts and just loosened the other 4, then lifted the TV up and out of the old slots and into the slots that allowed the new holes to align. Then I installed and tightened the 2 new top positions and then retightned the remaining 4 nuts/bolts. Then I screwed a 2" x 1" board across the bottom most slots and mounted the sound bar to that piece of wood. I'm very happy with how it turned out and we can hear the dialogue of programs so much clearer.

20200806_080714.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

Klipstr

2018 Wonder FTB
After trying nearly everything to fix this exact problem, my wife and I decided that we just don't understand words when spoken with certain accents. Sort of like we don't understand French! Sub titles. Changed my life!

Musicgrazer

2020 Unity MB
Just trying to get used to the Vizio soundbar in our 2020 UMB. I use Sonos at home for music and I also tried the old version soundbar (didn't like it). But for use in the Unity, Sonos would be a no go. They are HEAVY. The other thing I have learned at home is that it is critical for the bar to have a dedicated center channel (for dialogue). The older version Sonos soundbar (still available) does NOT have dedicated center channel. I actually haven't researched the Vizio to see if it has dedicated center but definitely need to tweak the options if I can figure it out -- I haven't looked into accessing the settings menu. Lots of good inexpensive soundbars out there. I wouldn't think you'd need anything expensive since the space is small and you sit 5 or 6 feet (depending on placement) away from it. Google search and read reviews (hometheaterreview, audioholics, cnet, techradar, digitaltrends all are ones I've used for reviews)...there is probably one that would match the width of the Vizio in your coach.

Top Bottom