Who Manufactures the Unity MB Recliners?

Th3307

Everything can be lubricated if u extend the recliner out and remove the seat cushion. Make sure u use the extender on your
Lubricant.

Gamma1966

2013 Chassis /14 Unity MB
Is there a trick to removing the recliners, or gaining access to the bottom internal area? I did not think to look on my MB 2017, but does the cushion webbing layer remove easily, say, by velcro or screws? I need to also lubricate the wheels and various components that are squeaking badly.
You have to un-bolt the chairs from the slde-out base and then lift them off the platform. The upholstery is attached around the metal frame of the chair. You will also have to first remove the side arms on the left or right to even get to the point of un-boltoing the chair frames from slide-out floor. A good afternoon of work ....

Gamma1966

2013 Chassis /14 Unity MB
Everything can be lubricated if u extend the recliner out and remove the seat cushion. Make sure u use the extender on your
Lubricant.
Just curious about the seat cushions in your 2015 ... I assume you also have a MB with reclining lounge chairs? In my 2014 MB the lounge chair cushions are the covering of the seat mechanism, and cannot be lifted off. I do lubricate the drive screw about twice per year by putting chair into reclined position, lay down a floor covering under the chair and then reach in an lubricate the drive screw mechanism.

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Where are the lube points for the swivel recliners?
Not so much a nipple or lube-specific attachment, but look at this thread if your recliner is squeaking a lot. It's the center bolt just under the strapping that supports the seat cushion. Spray the nut and washers with WD40 or White Lithium Grease. Easy fix - and it took me two years to resolve this.

You can try spraying the small wheels, too - but none of the offered suggestions worked for me until I noticed this big washer/nut assembly.

Land32

Not so much a nipple or lube-specific attachment, but look at this thread if your recliner is squeaking a lot. It's the center bolt just under the strapping that supports the seat cushion. Spray the nut and washers with WD40 or White Lithium Grease. Easy fix - and it took me two years to resolve this.

You can try spraying the small wheels, too - but none of the offered suggestions worked for me until I noticed this big washer/nut assembly.

Thanks!! I had found the bolt but wasn't sure about using WD-40 (the only thing I could access easily at the moment) but I sprayed it some anyway. And it worked! Seeing your reply here, I feel better about doing it. I will get some white lithium grease though as that'll last longer, I'm betting. Thank you for taking time to reply!!

Scarecrow

2017 LTV Unity Murphy Bed
Thanks!! I had found the bolt but wasn't sure about using WD-40 (the only thing I could access easily at the moment) but I sprayed it some anyway. And it worked! Seeing your reply here, I feel better about doing it. I will get some white lithium grease though as that'll last longer, I'm betting. Thank you for taking time to reply!!
Yeah, it took me a long time to figure it out. But you might find the WD40 will last awhile. I could not believe it was such an easy fix. That washer needs a thin Delrin washer in-between.

Top Bottom