Sprinter coolant temperature display

Elja

Hey. I have sprinter w906 311cdi, german edition. How can i manage to show the coolant temperature on dashboard? I think that my viscous clutch is not in good condition and i wont my minibus to get too hot. Also i can not see the outside tebperature and i saw that the van has outside temp sensor.

Sorry for bad english, not my native language

P. S. My dashboard looks like this one

Attachments

GSWatson

2013 144
There is no coolant temp display on that dash. You can switch between the MPH and temp display by pushing and holding the M button on the left of the dash.

Cheers,
Greg

autostaretx

Erratic Member
If you have an OBD socket in your Sprinter, a device like the ScanGauge, UltraDAQ or a bluetooth-compatible Torque (327EN) device would be able to provide coolant temperature.

--dick

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
I agree, an engine coolant temp display would be nice!

I do what Dick has suggested above: put in a Scangauge. It can display four different parameters at the same time; I use coolant temp on one of them.

Attachments

Elja

It is bad idea that there is no coolant temp guage. Why did they do that? I know that sprinter is really hard to get overheated, but now is not posible to predict and prevent the overheating when sth goes wrong or when it is uphill,. Also when started cold in winter ve no idea when is engine ready to be driven.

Also, thanks guys for idea, will see more details about that, can't believe there is no coolant temp display :D

Last edited:

showkey

:dripsarcasm: Same reason there’s no oil pressure light or gauge............both have discussed at length on the forum.

Last edited:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
It is bad idea that there is no coolant temp guage. Why did they do that? I know that sprinter is really hard to get overheated, but now is not posible to predict and prevent the overheating when sth goes wrong or when it is uphill,. Also when started cold in winter ve no idea when is engine ready to be driven.

Also, thanks guys for idea, will see more details about that, can't believe there is no coolant temp display :D
And your engine is ready to be driven as soon as it is started, it is considered bad practice to allow to idle and warm up. Even Mother Benz recommends driving as soon as the engine has been started but just going gentle for the first couple of miles.

Keith.

GSWatson

2013 144
And your engine is ready to be driven as soon as it is started, it is considered bad practice to allow to idle and warm up. Even Mother Benz recommends driving as soon as the engine has been started but just going gentle for the first couple of miles.

Keith.

The same goes for just about every engine out there nowadays.

Top Bottom