Run Out Of Diesel.............??

bladerunner

Ok another question please.....................if I run out of diesel with my Sprinter.................do I need to bleed the engine or will it 'just kick in' if I just add more diesel ?...........and life goes on?

312 diesel (closed)

They're self bleeding, but they tend to be severely underimpressed at being run out of diesel.....

Bladerunner,
Off topic.

I just noticed the pic in your avatar. (I'm a bit slow sometimes.) That is impressive. Do you have larger more detailed copy? I can't make out the model of boat. AP/vic

mean_in_green

>2,000,000m in MB vans
Note: running out of diesel in your Sprinter is a really bad idea!

When you have the luxuries of tools and time familiarise yourself with the connection on top of the fuel filter. If you do run out and air is drawn into the system it can become trapped in the filter. If this happens no amount of cranking on the key will succeed - you'll just burn your starter out trying in vain.

So, if after a few goes it won't start - and a shot of EasyStart doesn't do it - stop cranking, remove the fuel filter connection to manually fill the filter with diesel.

Your Sprinter will love you for it and you'll soon be on your way again.

bladerunner

Bladerunner,
Off topic.

I just noticed the pic in your avatar. (I'm a bit slow sometimes.) That is impressive. Do you have larger more detailed copy? I can't make out the model of boat. AP/vic
Hi Aqua............avatar has only been up this week........do you sail perchance??:thinking:

As for larger pics......................take a ride on this.....................:bounce:

Attachments

bikergar

Hi Aqua............avatar has only been up this week........do you sail perchance??:thinking:

As for larger pics......................take a ride on this.....................:bounce:
Bladerunner

That's an incredible picture...Is that you in the air? :bow:

Back on topic it seems near impossible for you run out of diesel considering the rust prevention progam you're considering. Just siphon a little out of the roof rails and put it in the tank. :lol:

gary

Bladerunner,
Thanks. That is a great picture.

We sail. J/22 489 Mo' Money

This pic isn't quite as exciting as yours. We just do a little course racing.
BYC07weather6.jpg

It seems there's a number of Sprinter owners on this forum that sail. AP/vic

Last edited:

bladerunner

Bladerunner

That's an incredible picture...Is that you in the air? :bow:

Back on topic it seems near impossible for you run out of diesel considering the rust prevention progam you're considering. Just siphon a little out of the roof rails and put it in the tank. :lol:

gary
I wish..............that would be some campfire story.:rad:

bladerunner

Bladerunner,
Thanks. That is a great picture.

We sail. J/22 USA489 Mo' Money

This pic isn't quite as exciting as yours. We just do a little course racing.
View attachment 16658

It seems there's a number of Sprinter owners on this forum that sail. AP/vic

Hi Aqua...................this is my 'toy'......'Blue Max' .....currently on the market as I am looking at down sizeing as I miss being able to do solo day sails and crew are always a prob in my neck of the woods.:thumbdown:

Attachments

famof8

Famof8 + 1 = Famof9!
I've been on the water my entire life, but no one available to teach me how to sail. I had an old salt that told me many years ago that with my love of the water, I would want to sail one day. I kinda blew it off then, but a few years later I finally understood. Anyone want to teach me how to sail so my Sprinter will have a sailboat attached behind it?

Oh yea, running out of diesel... hope it never happens. :tongue:

bladerunner

I've been on the water my entire life, but no one available to teach me how to sail. I had an old salt that told me many years ago that with my love of the water, I would want to sail one day. I kinda blew it off then, but a few years later I finally understood. Anyone want to teach me how to sail so my Sprinter will have a sailboat attached behind it?

Oh yea, running out of diesel... hope it never happens. :tongue:

I'd offer but I doubt you could make it to my neck of the woods every Wednesday nite when the sailing season starts.:smirk:

Hi Aqua...................this is my 'toy'......'Blue Max' .....currently on the market as I am looking at down sizing as I miss being able to do solo day sails and crew are always a prob in my neck of the woods.:thumbdown:
Bladerunner,
I was going to wait commenting in anticipation of you replying to the boating thread in off-topic, but what the heck. We're meandering out of control on this one anyway.

That's a very nice looking boat. Finding crew can become a second career path with larger boats. There's lots of really fun smaller boats out there, as I'm sure you know. vic

Top Bottom