Armrests/covers cheap on fleabay

trc.rhubarb

I was not granted access yesterday.
My next opportunity to attempt access to the garage will be Sunday.
My apologies.

stebro27

FYI, I solved my uncomfortable, balky adjust sprinter seat problems by installing the seats from an "xj" type Jaguar for $50. per seat (walking around the pick n pull with the base bolt dimensions from the T1N, they were the only ones that came close.. sob! & I did have to take them out myself..)... 12 way power , leather and sublimely comfortable.I had to bend &/or straighten a base mount point or two and judiciously add a few washers, but fit was pretty easy. Wiring was fairly easy with on line available wiring diagrams for the proper year "XJ":. Hint, they do not use the body control unit, they have their own controller under each seat (one of mine worked..became the drivers seat.. the other is still a non moving, but COMFORTABLE passengers throne)

PS; i also found some in an jag "s" type, but it was to badly damaged to get at their mounts.. but they seem to have the same dimensions...

stebro27

I forgot to note, i also took the JAG inner seat belt receivers off and could directly bolt on the merc ones. Electrically .. as I remember, I really only had to find the Hot and ground leads..(Yes, I cut and took as much of the JAG seat wiring..I cut below the carpet.. as I could) I ran wires under the seat and spliced in a 30 amp fuse holder before connecting to one of the large Hot leads to the seat fuse/relay panel.

Perce

I forgot to note, i also took the JAG inner seat belt receivers off and could directly bolt on the merc ones. Electrically .. as I remember, I really only had to find the Hot and ground leads..(Yes, I cut and took as much of the JAG seat wiring..I cut below the carpet.. as I could) I ran wires under the seat and spliced in a 30 amp fuse holder before connecting to one of the large Hot leads to the seat fuse/relay panel.
Sounds great, can you post a few pics please. Perce

Garandman

Just ordered a pair for $71. Item #293008385197. One of my covers is worn. Had to fix the passenger side so I swappedthe covers.

It appears the three hole versions sell for around $70 while the two hole versions sell for $45 or so.

If you already have armrests and just want to replace the grody covers, you could probably buy the cheaper ones and just use the tops: didn’t find them for sale by themselves.

They come in black. Has anyone used paint to match the originsl blue color?

Garandman

Mine came in and look good, other than being all black.

Is there a paint code for the medium blue interior color in the 2006 (and likely other years)? If I can't paint them I'll probably order a second set and put all black on both chairs, both arms.

A gel pad glued to the hard plastic driver side armrest has worked great for years and is so appreciated every time I drive anywhere. $10 a side is hard to beat.

I recall someone here had found some padded armrests for VW vans also worked and cosmetically looked better.

A gel pad glued to the hard plastic driver side armrest has worked great for years and is so appreciated every time I drive anywhere. $10 a side is hard to beat.

I recall someone here had found some padded armrests for VW vans also worked and cosmetically looked better.
I did a search using VW Crafter. These came up.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RUDYN2TTILACD

This was one review comment.
"Perfect Fit for Winnebago View Mercedes Sprinter Arm Rests"
Probably an NCV3 comment, but should work for our T1N's.

I've added a set to my Amazon cart.

Added:
Ordered a set. I'll update here soon.

:cheers: vic

Last edited:

Lojack72

'02 DIY adventure van, 300K miles (210K by me)
Both the armrest cover and gel pads work well on my '02 T1N:
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:

glasseye

I did a search using VW Crafter. These came up.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/RUDYN2TTILACD

This was one review comment.
"Perfect Fit for Winnebago View Mercedes Sprinter Arm Rests"
Probably an NCV3 comment, but should work for our T1N's.

I've added a set to my Amazon cart.

Added:
Ordered a set. I'll update here soon.

Also available in grey, unless I read the advertising wrong. :idunno:

Look forward to your review, Vic. Mine are showing wear.

Andrew Claycomb

I thought I'd update the thread with a working eBay listing. I ordered a single side, just to make sure that the pad on top would fit the stock sprinter armrests. In the auction photos, it looks like only 3 bolts will line up, but once you remove the pads, you see that they molded an extra mounting point, offset in the middle like the Sprinter. I just ordered another single to replace the driver's side.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Stock-Right-Side-PU-Leather-Adjustable-Autos-Motorhome-Seat-Armrest-Universal/362738397670?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Attachments

Thanks for the information. :thumbup:

In case the link goes away, a search using "US Stock Right Side PU Leather Adjustable Autos Motorhome Seat Armrest Universal" should find them.

The second picture orientation makes it appear that your Sprinter is ready for launch.

Added:
My son has had the 2006 for a while now so I have yet to install the armrest covers that I purchased/mentioned above.

Last edited:

bcman

Question: Do the 2-bolt "universal" armrests on eBay (like this one) mount to 2 of the 3 factory mounting points on our T1N seats? I'm looking to add outside armrests to both front seats.

Brev

I thought I'd update the thread with a working eBay listing. I ordered a single side, just to make sure that the pad on top would fit the stock sprinter armrests. In the auction photos, it looks like only 3 bolts will line up, but once you remove the pads, you see that they molded an extra mounting point, offset in the middle like the Sprinter. I just ordered another single to replace the driver's side.
Do the pads seem to be symmetrical?

The link says "right", but it appears yours is mounted on a left side? Is that the case?

Thanks!

ECU

2006 T1n 118 Sprinter
Yes. The pads are ambidextrous. The left/right is in the location of the mounting bracket.
I purchased two rights because I saved a few bux.
I tried to take it apart and use the whole new arm rest. I could not get the pin that holds in the pivot point to come out without major damage.
The two hole mount is not acceptable. So I just used some of the parts and repaired my arm rests using the new pads only.

campskunk

i took the door side armrests the upfitter added off mine when i redid the seat covers. the first reason is that i never used them and the second reason is they make pulling the seat belt free impossible. you have to stop, open the door, and fish around to get your seat belt if you have these second armrests.

Top Bottom