9" Android head unit

xcaptainb

@JFloFoto How have you been going with the xtrons unit? Considering taking the leap but theres alot of negativity online. I usually dont mind the negativity and find out my way but at 50/50 bad reviews I wouldnt mind digging deeper.

xcaptainb

Nice, I installed a 10" android in mines about 8 months ago as part of a custom shelf and storage project for work.
Hi @samuelstevendo you mind me asking where you hooked up the green CANbus cable. By name i understand it has something to do with the canbus but not sure where to hook it up. Also in the second image was a plug i pulled out of the old headunit but it does not have a spot on the xtrons?

Attachments

bchase47

I installed the xtrons 9" android 10, replacing a xite pos in a Winnebago. xite back up camera worked whenever it felt like it, rarely when I needed it. Xite totally died when I left it hooked up to couch batteries and the batteries ran down. Radio was not on. Xtron says it doesn't work with 2017 chasis Mercedes Sprinter and it wont unless you cut the brackets off the Xite. Winnebago must have been running short on wire because when they replaced the stock radio and installed the Xite, the only colors they used were yellow and white, so save a little of the colored wire from the Xite. Xite camera does not work with anything but Xite, had to buy new camera and adaptors. There is a power wire behind the high brake light that I used to power the camera. I have no idea what that red wire is sourcing for power so I purchased a 12 volt rf relay switch with a little button that I keep on my key ring. I am jealous of those of you that say it was plug and play. I hate Winnebago. Many problems and that Xite Radio is inexcusable. The water line that was left sitting on my drive shaft till it burned through wasn't too cool either. Having problems with bluetooth, steering wheel controls don't work yet, android auto dongle is yet to be hooked up but I have a back up camera that works every time and the radio sounds so much better that I bought new door speakers, still sitting in my garage and it looks factory. Check back with my next year and I should have it all working great.

Yakdoff

UPDATE:

Just learned the Xtrons unit is shipping with the proper connectors so steering wheel controls and Nav wiring interface are not needed. It's plug and play.
Hi, I'm trying to install the most updated 9" Xtrons in my 2010 and am confused about how to wire it. The original (vehicle) harness is two blocks of 2 x 4 (2x2x4 male) and this fits directly into the harness of the Xtrons unit. I have a SWC and NAV harness from crutchfield that my former unit never could recognize; the vehicle harness plugs into its' 2x2x4 female and it has the two boxes (NAV and SWC) and a wire-nutted-on plug for the former unit. The Xtrons did not come with a plug to replace that of the former unit so the SWC/NAV harness is not useable right now. Are you saying that simply plugging the vehicle 2x2x4 harness into the Xtrons' is sufficient or am I missing some other plugs for SWC/NAV that should be with the vehicle harness originally?

Yakdoff

UPDATE:

Just learned the Xtrons unit is shipping with the proper connectors so steering wheel controls and Nav wiring interface are not needed. It's plug and play.
Hi, just installed the most updated 9-in extrons in my 2010 and can confirm that indeed this is true, and that SWC/NAV harness was not needed. the harness that came with it plugged directly into the original vehicle harness and red and black power and grounds run my aftermarket backup cam, and even if the unit is off when running and placing in reverse it immediately lights and displays the reversing camera image. Steering wheel volume and phone work perfectly as well.

Barking

Hi All,
IMG_20210315_152122.jpgInkedIMG_20210315_152139_LI.jpgI've just installed the latest version of the 9" Xtrons in my 2015 Sprinter but I can't sort the radio antenna and would welcome a bit of help!

I'm left with the to cables shown in the first pic and the two sockets on the back of the Xtrons shown ringed in the second pic. I've tried removing the plastic from around the more likely-looking cable and inserting it into each of the sockets in turn but still no radio reception. The radio comes on and will sweep the frequencies but all I hear is static and it never find a radio station. Everything else works, including music.

I hope someone can help!

Cheers
Dave

blackseven

I installed the xtrons 9" android 10, replacing a xite pos in a Winnebago. xite back up camera worked whenever it felt like it, rarely when I needed it. Xite totally died when I left it hooked up to couch batteries and the batteries ran down. Radio was not on. Xtron says it doesn't work with 2017 chasis Mercedes Sprinter and it wont unless you cut the brackets off the Xite. Winnebago must have been running short on wire because when they replaced the stock radio and installed the Xite, the only colors they used were yellow and white, so save a little of the colored wire from the Xite. Xite camera does not work with anything but Xite, had to buy new camera and adaptors. There is a power wire behind the high brake light that I used to power the camera. I have no idea what that red wire is sourcing for power so I purchased a 12 volt rf relay switch with a little button that I keep on my key ring. I am jealous of those of you that say it was plug and play. I hate Winnebago. Many problems and that Xite Radio is inexcusable. The water line that was left sitting on my drive shaft till it burned through wasn't too cool either. Having problems with bluetooth, steering wheel controls don't work yet, android auto dongle is yet to be hooked up but I have a back up camera that works every time and the radio sounds so much better that I bought new door speakers, still sitting in my garage and it looks factory. Check back with my next year and I should have it all working great.
Thank you for posting your experience. I'm traveling the same path as you 2017 Chassis, using the "iso connector" directly into the chassis radio harness and I cannot get the unit to power on. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. Probe says power/ground etc are all where they need to be and the iso harness matches. Anything special you had to do with the wiring just to get the unit to power on?

Pedalpimp

I’m working on a Hipzo Android unit and having very poor reception. Does anyone know what the green wire connection on my antenna wire/box is meant to connect to?(see file) I’ve tried to connect to ground and power and can’t tell any difference in reception quality.

Attachments

OTG_Mike

Hi All,
View attachment 174554View attachment 174555I've just installed the latest version of the 9" Xtrons in my 2015 Sprinter but I can't sort the radio antenna and would welcome a bit of help!

I'm left with the to cables shown in the first pic and the two sockets on the back of the Xtrons shown ringed in the second pic. I've tried removing the plastic from around the more likely-looking cable and inserting it into each of the sockets in turn but still no radio reception. The radio comes on and will sweep the frequencies but all I hear is static and it never find a radio station. Everything else works, including music.

I hope someone can help!

Cheers
Dave
Thank you for this! I'm installing the same Xtrons unit in my 2016 and got stuck at the antenna connection until I found your post. Just ordered the wire from Amazon. Were you able to connect the factory rear camera?

OTG_Mike

Hi @samuelstevendo you mind me asking where you hooked up the green CANbus cable. By name i understand it has something to do with the canbus but not sure where to hook it up. Also in the second image was a plug i pulled out of the old headunit but it does not have a spot on the xtrons?
Did you figure out where the two green wires attached to?

Top Bottom