D+ shift indicator on instrument cluster?

skidmark

Hi, all. I bought a Class-B Sprinter conversion last week, and I love it. It is a 2002 with 55,000 miles on it, and it ran and handled great on the 800 mile trip home last week. During the drive home, the shift indicator showed D+ when on the highway, which I assumed to indicate that the tranny was in overdrive. After having my Sprinter inspected and having all of the fluids and filters replaced at a local Dodge dealer, however, the + no longer shows on the indicator. So, do I no longer have overdrive, or did the + indicate something else? I don't see any reference to this in my owner's manual.

Thanks in advance,
skidmark

Are you now displaying time not temperature? There is a + to the left of my 2004 temperature display which is immediately to the right of the "D" for drive .

If that is what it is don't feel bad about it being a simple thing. Last winter I was driving and I wondered why my transmission was stuck in 4th gear even though I bumped the shifter to the right a couple times.:thinking: It took me longer than I want to admit to figure out that the temperature had dropped to 4 degrees and I was fixated on the right side temperature readout.:doh: These Sprinters can be interesting.:laughing: Hope this does some good. AP/vic

skidmark

I have no idea, but that might have been it. I'll try to be more aware from now on, but that is its own challenge. :lol:

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
Hey skiddy, welcome to the forums! Post up a couple of pics of your new ride! Sounds like you got a good one :cheers:

....as for overdrive or not, take note of your RPM's on the highway at 60 MPH and report back.

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
I have no idea, but that might have been it....
So the + sign you've asked about is in fact for the temperature. It dissapears when you toggle between temp and time by pressing the clock button on the lower cluster. If you look closely, it's more like a division sign than a plus sign.

Top Bottom