L Track noise

topwobbler

I am wondering if anyone has heard noises from their L track. Does vibration cause any rattling at the L track connectors? I am looking into using L track for my bed frame as well as for mounting cabinets. Thank you :cheers:

If memory serves, all the fittings either have a spring that keeps them tight or get bolted in. I haven't noticed any noise from mine.

Once tightened the stud fittings will never rattle. The ring fittings can make a bit of noise when the ring isn't under tension from a tie down line or other loading.

:cheers: vic

topwobbler

Thanks! I was thinking w/o a load that might be the case. I'll be using it for my bed (so plenty of load) but also for a ski rack inside the van's garage. Skis don't weight too much so we shall see how they handle.

JIB

Thanks! I was thinking w/o a load that might be the case. I'll be using it for my bed (so plenty of load) but also for a ski rack inside the van's garage. Skis don't weight too much so we shall see how they handle.
Consider perforated 8-10 inch pipe bolted under the bed N-S for ski storage. It's out of the way and is likely unused space anyway.

Jack

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
I have 6 rows of L tracks running the length of mine, no rattle from unused mounts....
I use Mule Bags by Adventure Wagon for my cabinets, incredibly versatile and they can quickly and easily be removed...
Have no idea what type or how many skiis you plan on taking but I can probaly fit 1 pr of mid fats in a 10" tube, I'd rather keep my boards in a bag where the edges won't rub on anything, loose skiis in a plastic tube would rattle big time....

Last edited:

JIB

We will have 4-6 pair, with ties that have foam between the skis, so there is no concern for edges. Rattling, . . . . . time will tell.

Jack

I have 6 rows of L tracks running the length of mine, no rattle from unused mounts....
I use Mule Bags by Adventure Wagon for my cabinets, incredibly versatile and they can quickly and easily be removed...
Have no idea what type or how many skiis you plan on taking but I can probaly fit 1 pr of mid fats in a 10" tube, I'd rather keep my boards in a bag where the edges won't rub on anything, loose skiis in a plastic tube would rattle big time....

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
We will have 4-6 pair, with ties that have foam between the skis, so there is no concern for edges. Rattling, . . . . . time will tell.

Jack
4-6 pairs of alpine skis and foam in a 10" tube ?!?!
I just don't see how one can fit that many pairs of skis in a single 10" tube, more like 1 pr/1 tube....
Please post a pic of this

JIB

One tube/pair, 6 tubes side by side, under the platform bed.

4-6 pairs of alpine skis and foam in a 10" tube ?!?!
I just don't see how one can fit that many pairs of skis in a single 10" tube, more like 1 pr/1 tube....
Please post a pic of this

Top Bottom