Radio Dash Fascia

sippffo

Hi all,
I am searching here for any help in regard to anyone that may know how to remove the Radio Fascia panel from this latest incarnation 2019 Sprinter. :idunno:

I am asking this because my last Sprinter I installed an Active Subwoofer via High Level Input, which requires tapping into the Speaker Wiring.

I need to know what the Speaker Wire Colors, and where would be best to tap into them.

I was able to find all the details for my older van, but can not locate anything for this latest version.

Another matter is finding where to access a Switched Accessories Wiring point where I can also hard wire a Dash Camera, have thought about using a Add a Circuit, but the Fuses are very deep and have heard of mixed reports regarding these as well.

I am over here in Sydney, Australia where we have just got these new models released.

Cheers

Darren

simond

I’ve looked at mine for the same reason.

Theres a ciggie lighter socket in the centre binnacle. In my auto version you just pry out the storage bins and you can see the rear of the socket - I was going to piggyback onto it for the sub power. It switches with ignition so simple.

Like yourself I want to get to the speaker outputs. Not sure if the crossover is inside the radio in which case aftermarket equipment would be difficult to make sound ok. Also not sure if it will compromise phone quality.....

dadoornb

Does anyone make any progress on this?

In my 2019 I took left and right dash bins out, but center lidded compartment would not release. Couldn't get the radio face to pop off the dash. Tried going in from the right side lower shelf tray but couldn't get in that way. Only way I can currently think of is to access the door speakers, hoping they are not part of a cross over.

Looking for a better solution if anyone has it.

iksro

Does anyone make any progress on this?

In my 2019 I took left and right dash bins out, but center lidded compartment would not release. Couldn't get the radio face to pop off the dash. Tried going in from the right side lower shelf tray but couldn't get in that way. Only way I can currently think of is to access the door speakers, hoping they are not part of a cross over.

Looking for a better solution if anyone has it.
@dadoornb what did you ultimately do?

mcornforth

I am curious as well!! I want to mount some Ram tough track between the radio and the aircon controls and can’t get a good look at what is behind the plastic

It feels like I need to get the aircon controls out before the center console cup holder unit will come out. Perhaps the piece at the bottom of all of that has to come out as well?
image.jpg

akatc

when the tech had my headunit out he had two tools like these.

he would use both on one vent and pull the vents out revealing a torx bolt in the vent.

hope that helps. Im in the process of doing the same thing and i get the tools tomorrow.

robertsonics

Maybe I'm confused about what you're asking, but if it's the fascia around the radio, mine just popped off easily with a trim removal tool. Keep in mind that I had the base OEM radio, not a touch screen, so perhaps there's something that makes it different. See photo.IMG_20191207_132211.jpg

akatc

Maybe I'm confused about what you're asking, but if it's the fascia around the radio, mine just popped off easily with a trim removal tool. Keep in mind that I had the base OEM radio, not a touch screen, so perhaps there's something that makes it different. See photo.View attachment 145359
I have two sprinters right now. One with that radio and one with the 7 inch touch screen. That radio was a breeze taking off. Just pops off. The dash plate with the 7inchor 10 inch seems to be attached a different way.

Top Bottom