Sprinter ECU tuning

naplesfire

AllenTech does not mention the 2013-2018 Mercedes Sprinter 3.0 OM642 with EDC17CP46 ECU which many of us have. Dynotronics does not specifically call out the OM642 with EDC17CP46 ECU just infers IF-SPT 2006.5-2017-PS-3.0. It would be nice if Dynotronics lists the specific ECU's they can tune so it's very clear their OBDII port tune will work on these vehicles.
http://blog.obdii365.com/2018/05/18/read-mercedes-edc17cp57-with-ktag-7-020-gpt-cable/

Would this work?

Bobby13Sprinter

Well, if its "fixed" (EGR position ) wrongly by tune --then what's left of the existing ECM programming (depending upon the skill of the tuner) may under certain conditions cause the turbo boost controller to overcompensate and give the engine an over boost condition!
Then it causes a sudden limp mode shut down.to protect the engine --Just when you are asking for max power on the highway.
I have seen two like this.
One went to a dealer hoping they could do something & they gave it the sign of the Dracula but that cost him $200 for the Dracula signage . We had to take remedial action to correct that issue=$$$$$$--I love this stuff! So does my bank manager!

The other client took it away for yet another TUNE!
We are with baited breath to give him the $$$$ wallet flush treatment !

You could say the first one was a ex Fritolay van--Seems like he got fried & "laid twice" with this rig.

Just be careful and as usual my blessing my son!
I'm enjoying this!:thumbup::lol:
Dennis

Well, if its "fixed" (EGR position ) wrongly by tune --then what's left of the existing ECM programming (depending upon the skill of the tuner) may under certain conditions cause the turbo boost controller to overcompensate and give the engine an over boost condition!
Then it causes a sudden limp mode shut down.to protect the engine --Just when you are asking for max power on the highway.
I have seen two like this.
One went to a dealer hoping they could do something & they gave it the sign of the Dracula but that cost him $200 for the Dracula signage . We had to take remedial action to correct that issue=$$$$$$--I love this stuff! So does my bank manager!

The other client took it away for yet another TUNE!
We are with baited breath to give him the $$$$ wallet flush treatment !

You could say the first one was a ex Fritolay van--Seems like he got fried & "laid twice" with this rig.

Just be careful and as usual my blessing my son!
I'm enjoying this!:thumbup::lol:
Dennis

Hey can you expand on this and the corrective action. I’ve had the mods done(dpf/egr delete and tune) and my vehicle is experiencing an intermittent under/over boost mainly at high speeds when going uphill. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Hey can you expand on this and the corrective action. I’ve had the mods done(dpf/egr delete and tune) and my vehicle is experiencing an intermittent under/over boost mainly at high speeds when going uphill. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
Just to clarify, I took Linden's post as a warning, not a "How to." The point was when you go outside the box, you are on your own, and getting it fixed will be expensive.

D

Deleted member 50714

Bab

Just to clarify, I took Linden's post as a warning, not a "How to." The point was when you go outside the box, you are on your own, and getting it fixed will be expensive.

IF YOU SEE SOMETHING, SAY SOMETHING. ?

Having recently moved to a small town subdivision, and judging from numerous Californian license plates, occupied mostly by young, Californian transplant-escapees, I have labeled, “Millennial Monster Truck Estates”.

Unfortunately, many of these young pukes have brought with them behaviors, I term, “California Rude”.

For example, the day after our arrival, one resident, a few doors down, felt complied to introduce himself as the Crowned Neighborhood Jerk by racing his uncorked, unregistered 4x4 through the neighborhood. This unlawful activity was promptly reported to local police supported by video.

Another episode occurred while driving the speed limit, when a youngster began tailgating and subsequently, unlawfully exceeded the posted speed limit to pass while displaying an obscene gesture. Dash cam with date, time and GPS location promptly forwarded to appropriate law enforcement jurisdiction.

Moreover, many of youngster own pickup trucks with illegally modified exhaust systems equipped with resonators to enhance and amplify the low-frequency rumble that reverberates throughout our not so humble abode. Particularly annoying during the morning and afternoon when this parade of soon to be, not so happy working idiots, will receive notices to present their vehicles for emissions system inspection.

This is unlawful activity is totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated because it intrudes upon my right of quiet enjoyment of my property.

Particularly, when I am sleeping, and will vigorously assert all legal avenues to have it curtailed.

Fortunately, by virtue of vantage, comfort and convenience from my living room, I can easily photograph scofflaws license plates, and have compiled a list of over 30-vehicles, I allege have illegally modified exhaust systems.

Additionally, it wouldn’t be a leap to presume ECU’s have been “chipped”. This information will be forwarded to state authorities for disposition.

I would hazard to risk a weeks pay that most of these youngsters live paycheck-to-paycheck, and only one broke refrigerator from the poorhouse.

Required to retrofit their non-compliant vehicles ain’t going to be cheap and suspect there’s going to be boatload of butthurt in the neighborhood.

4wheeldog

2018 144" Tall Revel
Bab

Having recently moved to a small town subdivision, and judging from numerous Californian license plates, occupied mostly by young, Californian transplant-escapees, I have labeled, “Millennial Monster Truck Estates”.

Unfortunately, many of these young pukes have brought with them behaviors, I term, “California Rude”.

For example, the day after our arrival, one resident, a few doors down, felt complied to introduce himself as the Crowned Neighborhood Jerk by racing his uncorked, unregistered 4x4 through the neighborhood. This unlawful activity was promptly reported to local police supported by video.

Another episode occurred while driving the speed limit, when a youngster began tailgating and subsequently, unlawfully exceeded the posted speed limit to pass while displaying an obscene gesture. Dash cam with date, time and GPS location promptly forwarded to appropriate law enforcement jurisdiction.

Moreover, many of youngster own pickup trucks with illegally modified exhaust systems equipped with resonators to enhance and amplify the low-frequency rumble that reverberates throughout our not so humble abode. Particularly annoying during the morning and afternoon when this parade of soon to be, not so happy working idiots, will receive notices to present their vehicles for emissions system inspection.

This is unlawful activity is totally unacceptable and will not be tolerated because it intrudes upon my right of quiet enjoyment of my property.

Particularly, when I am sleeping, and will vigorously assert all legal avenues to have it curtailed.

Fortunately, by virtue of vantage, comfort and convenience from my living room, I can easily photograph scofflaws license plates, and have compiled a list of over 30-vehicles, I allege have illegally modified exhaust systems.

Additionally, it wouldn’t be a leap to presume ECU’s have been “chipped”. This information will be forwarded to state authorities for disposition.

I would hazard to risk a weeks pay that most of these youngsters live paycheck-to-paycheck, and only one broke refrigerator from the poorhouse.

Required to retrofit their non-compliant vehicles ain’t going to be cheap and suspect there’s going to be boatload of butthurt in the neighborhood.
I used to live in Petaluma. Where did you move to?
We chose to move to New Messico 16 years ago. Not much "California rude" here. We have Texicans for that.

D

Deleted member 50714

E223E1F0-BC87-46B9-AF4A-1CDAC2B1AE8C.jpeg
Far from Commiefornia!

The town is called the Quick and the Dead, population fluctuates daily, and where disputes are settled by who’s quickest at the draw.

220817a

Independent & Self Reliant - From Chattanooga TN
Bab

Sorry Bob... But in this post you do sound like a KGB informant... We had them in USSR. Neighborhood watch is no different than what KGB was doing in the communist USSR... You might be closer to communism than you think with these kind of methods of spying and reporting/complaining to authorities.

D

Deleted member 50714

Sorry Bob... But in this post you do sound like a KGB informant... We had them in USSR. Neighborhood watch is no different than what KGB was doing in the communist USSR... You might be closer to communism than you think with these kind of methods of spying and reporting/complaining to authorities.

As a former PEACE officer, staunch advocate of the Broken Windows theory and LAW AND ORDER, I believe you are speaking outta your patootie or may have just taken one too many hits from der crack pipe???

You mischaracterize observing and reporting ILLEGAL activity and behavior as spying.
All of my so-called KGB tactics wouldn’t be necessary if FUCK HEADS simply RESPECT AND OBEY THE LAW!!!

Their ILLEGAL, INCONSIDERATE and completely unnecessary activity and behavior intrudes upon my families LEGAL RIGHT TO PEACE, TRANQUILLITY. SAFETY, and QUIET ENJOYMENT OF OUR NOT SO PEACEFUL ABODE.

So please, share and astonish the forum with the effective tactics or countermeasures you would employ to resolve the issue???

On the other hand, spare yourself further embarrassment by exercising your right to remain silent.

5EE9DC76-C6CB-4DD8-A117-826C98AC3122.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 50714

You sound like the typical disgruntled neighbor that will never be happy. Good luck!
And, you sound like the typical inconsiderate and disrespectful DOUCHEBAG neighbor who believes he can do whatever he wants.

767A25E6-A3BF-4A58-918C-08DA61DF6889.gif

D

Deleted member 50714

“Disgruntled”, an adjective often employed, particularly by fascist corporate Human Resource departments, to unethically discredit and minimize legitimate grievances.

220817a

Independent & Self Reliant - From Chattanooga TN
As a former PEACE officer, staunch advocate of the Broken Windows theory and LAW AND ORDER, I believe you are speaking outta your patootie or may have just taken one too many hits from der crack pipe???

You mischaracterize observing and reporting ILLEGAL activity and behavior as spying.
All of my so-called KGB tactics wouldn’t be necessary if FUCK HEADS simply RESPECT AND OBEY THE LAW!!!

Their ILLEGAL, INCONSIDERATE and completely unnecessary activity and behavior intrudes upon my families LEGAL RIGHT TO PEACE, TRANQUILLITY. SAFETY, and QUIET ENJOYMENT OF OUR NOT SO PEACEFUL ABODE.

So please, share and astonish the forum with the effective tactics or countermeasures you would employ to resolve the issue???

On the other hand, spare yourself further embarrassment by exercising your right to remain silent.

View attachment 171601
Embarrassment??? Why should I feel embarrassed Bob? I can repeat what said, YOU DID SOUND LIKE A KGB OR NKVD INFORMANT (Шестёрка).... NKVD was enforcing the law too...

D

Deleted member 50714

All my fault.
However, IMHO, public discussions of promoting violating federal and state vehicle emissions rules, laws and regulations should not be tolerated on the forum.

Axiom

Mike from Florida Van Man
All my fault.
However, IMHO, public discussions of promoting violating federal and state vehicle emissions rules, laws and regulations should not be tolerated on the forum.
Just curious, do you tell women what they should do with their bodies?

D

Deleted member 50714

Just curious, do you tell women what they should do with their bodies?
Red herring.

The relevance of your question to the discussion is?
I suppose if I had the misfortune to know a prostitute or drug addict, I would be inclined to suggest they seek treatment. I can personally treat the prostitute but not the addict. ?

Top Bottom