Using a stupid amount of fuel

Keeks

Try using stanadyne as a fuel additive, it’s the only thing I would ever add to a sprinter tank. In the states, we have bad diesel so it boosts me up to 26mpg which I think is around 11- 11.5 kpl

Do you have a lot of sway while driving with the add ons? I would looking into sumo springs to maybe help with a smoother straight ride so wind doesn’t knock you around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayakkingoz

Try using stanadyne as a fuel additive, it’s the only thing I would ever add to a sprinter tank. In the states, we have bad diesel so it boosts me up to 26mpg which I think is around 11- 11.5 kpl

Do you have a lot of sway while driving with the add ons? I would looking into sumo springs to maybe help with a smoother straight ride so wind doesn’t knock you around.

I already use a splash of Chem tech "Diesel Power" Never heard of Stanadyne but never looked for it either
Cant complain about the handling. It has the ambo springs. Any van I have ever had gets blown around a bit in heavy wind.

Last edited:

Keeks

I already use a splash of Chem tech "Diesel Power"

Cant complain about the handling. Any van I have ever had gets blown around a bit in heavy wind.

Well, if all sprinters are generally the same and it’s not add-ons/ weight... I would start running diagnostics on oil levels and pressures, air ratios and pressures, fuel ratios and pressures.

The only problem is that those items won’t always throw a code. For example; in my 08 sprinter- if I have too much oil, the engine will change the air to fuel ratio without throwing a code- this would affect my economy and will mess my motor up eventually.

I’ll try and ask my mechanic next week and I’ll keep you posted if he mentions anything.

kayakkingoz

Kayak.
Does your van have an external air temperature probe just behind the bumper? Eric.
I finally had time to search for this in daylight hours but could not find temp probe. I did find the espar was running though. Would that add any substantial amount to the fuel usage?

416cdi

04 LWB 416cdi T1N OM612 rust-bucket
You say you love your sun visor too much to remove it, so I wont suggest it, but I ended up removing the sunvisor and stone/bug shield mesh from the front of my van due to the loss of power and added fuel consumption. Its like a big sail and unnecessary, which is one reason why they dont come from the factory like that. Driving at no more than 100km/hr plus using cruise control as much as possible, also helps with fuel consumption. Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom