Ice Fishing

hkpierce

'02 140 Hi BlueBlk Pass
I never went ice fishing. A friend in Madison, WI offered, so I went this weekend. It went as about expected - zero fish.

We fished on Lakes Waubesa and Monona. Below is hiking on Monono, looking north to the isthmus.

Can't see much in the snow storm

This is the view that we would have had from above if it had been clear

Only in Madison - biking in the snow carrying your daughter, sled and toboggan. My van is in the background

After a cold day, how about 6 pounds of peanut butter?

Boxster1971

2012 Sprinter 3500 Ext
I spent over 15 years fishing on ice during my Minnesota youth. Seldom enjoyed it because I was always cold. But my Dad insisted we do it every weekend. I think it was really a ploy by my Mom to get me and my three brothers out of the house.:lol:

glasseye

I never went ice fishing. A friend in Madison, WI offered, so I went this weekend. It went as about expected - zero fish.

Ice fishing always has had about as much appeal to me as winter motorcycling. :idunno:
Good excuse to consume intoxicants and engage in extended bull$hit sessions, though.:popcorn:

Too bad you caught nothing. At least a good supper would have mitigated the discomfort.

Did you take your Sprinter over there?

Davydd

I’ve lived in Minnesota 49 years, ice is still on the lakes this April, my backyard is adjoins a 3,700 acre park with 10 fishing lakes. Safe to say I’ve never succumbed to ice fishing.

HarryN

When you are surrounded by lakes and fishing it all seems like no big deal.

In CA, which is more or less a desert with an occasional river or dammed up reservoir, having a lake in the back yard is a luxury.

When I did a lot of travelling to MN, I actually had an out of state fishing license and stored a pole / tackle there for winding down after work.

Nobility

I am an ice fishing enthusiast and this is more interesting than normal fishing. I have 15 years' experience and for me, this is like a sport. During all this time I understood that with qualitative equipment you can catch everything. Some weeks ago, I bought shimano jdm reels and it helped me to catch a fish of 17 kg, this was the biggest fish that I have ever caught. Now I buy only these reels because is one of the best that I tried.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
I am an ice fishing enthusiast and this is more interesting than normal fishing. I have 15 years' experience and for me, this is like a sport. During all this time I understood that with qualitative equipment you can catch everything. Some weeks ago, I bought shimano jdm reels and it helped me to catch a fish of 17 kg, this was the biggest fish that I have ever caught. Now I buy only these reels because is one of the best that I tried.
Hmmmm, Both of 'Nobility' s two posts have strange links embedded so seems to be some kind of spammer possibly?

Top Bottom