3" straight pipe exhaust - DRTDEVL

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Looking at doing this to my 2004 as my muffler and tailpipe have too many holes and I am loosing the patching battle...

I can't answer all of your questions.

I only have the glass pack that I indicated in my posts. No muffler at all.

The glass pack gives little back pressure compared to a full muffler. I used 2 1/2" pipe rather than worrying about staying with the OEM size.

:cheers: vic

alexk243

KulAdventure
I can't answer all of your questions.

I only have the glass pack that I indicated in my posts. No muffler at all.

The glass pack gives little back pressure compared to a full muffler. I used 2 1/2" pipe rather than worrying about staying with the OEM size.

Did you feel the glass pack was enough to quiet it down? Would like to have the least restriction as possible, but don't want to sacrifice sound level.

If I were to do the 3" pipe all the way back is the header come out at 3" and it gets smaller from there?

Aqua Puttana

Poly - Thread Finder
Did you feel the glass pack was enough to quiet it down? Would like to have the least restriction as possible, but don't want to sacrifice sound level.
To my ears the 2004 with a glass pack only is no louder than my 2006 with intact OEM exhaust system.

If I were to do the 3" pipe all the way back is the header come out at 3" and it gets smaller from there?
:idunno:

I left my catalytic converter part of the system intact and legal for emissions compliance. That is what the glass pack is connected to. I didn't use traditional exhaust clamps/joints. I used ceramic fiber mesh tape, ss metal tape, and hose clamps. It remains properly sealed.

blinefcmid

Here's my exhaust. My buddy convinced me to do an exhaust system so I had a little fun with it. Makes me laugh every time I see and hear it. It's pretty funny to turn heads with. You can see the solid black streak it leaves on the side of the body.

Started as a straight pipe system too but the yelling to have a conversation on the freeway was pretty ridiculous. I threw a resonator on it and now it's perfect and sounds awesome.

Attachments

Nautamaran

2004 140” SHC U.S. T1N
Is there any benefit to the side pipe?
thx. m
Side exit was stock on my van... it allows the rear doors to be opened without filling up the rear with exhaust, but I’d rather be able to drop the kids off at school without exhaust entering through the slider, and the exhaust does tend to accumulate under the body if I sit idling (an incentive to comply with Calgary’s anti-idling rules...)

-dave

Surf44

2004 158 2500
Here's my exhaust. My buddy convinced me to do an exhaust system so I had a little fun with it. Makes me laugh every time I see and hear it. It's pretty funny to turn heads with. You can see the solid black streak it leaves on the side of the body.

Started as a straight pipe system too but the yelling to have a conversation on the freeway was pretty ridiculous. I threw a resonator on it and now it's perfect and sounds awesome.
Thats Cool! What size pipe did you run from the turbo?

Top Bottom