What Model 901.1-906

Aragu36

New here
I was wondering how you tell what model you have
I've seen these numbers don't know what it means
906 ?

autostaretx

Erratic Member
If you enter your VIN to https://www.datamb.com/ you'll see your MB "datacard" listing what was built into *your* Sprinter.

Near the top is MB's *other* identifier for your Sprinter (the last 5 digits will be the same as your VIN's last 5).
The first three numbers in that identifier is your "9xx" body type, the next three have the ".6xx" info.

Example: my 2005 US VIN starts off with: WDRPD1443558212xx
The alternate VID shown on the datacard is : WDR903671158212xx

...so i have a 903.671

My "sales designation" is 316 ... which means the "3" body style with the rounds-up-to-160 HP engine.
--dick

Last edited:

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
My "sales designation" is 316 ... which means the "3" body style with the rounds-up-to-160 HP engine.
--dick
The "3" in your 316 actually means you have a van rated at a nominal 3 metric Tonnes. ie your GVW or MPTLM is somewhere between 3,000 kg and 3,999 kg.

If you had a 416 your plated weight would be over 4,000 kg and for a 516 over 5,000 kg.

As an example my 313 is plated at 3,800 kg.

Keith.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Correct ... i merely said "body style" to avoid having to look up the real meaning (my memory said "GVW", but i wasn't trusting it)

--dick (8550 lb, 3878 kg)

ches

If you enter your VIN to https://www.datamb.com/ you'll see your MB "datacard" listing what was built into *your* Sprinter.
I tried using datamb.com and it says they can't find my VIN and thus no data card. Any ideas?
Also on my original bill of sale (which I still have) just after the VIN# is a L4-VON# which is 4 digits. Any more ideas? Thanks for any replies.

ches

Well I answered my own question. I entered the third digit as a O instead of a zero. But still wonder about that L4-VON.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
If "the original bill of sale" is from the dealer (vs MB corporate), then you'd have to ask them.
(Dodge? Freightliner?)

Could be which salesman gets the commission...

--dick

ches

Hi Dick, I did an internet search and VON is vehicle order number, seems to be used on Dodge vehicles. Who knew, the internet knows. Not sure what the actual numbers refer to. Your guess is not too far off as it may be a dealer thing.

sailquik

ches,
If your Sprinter is a 2006 USA Spec. (Dodge or Freightliner) it would be a
T1N which is a 904.xxx series with the 5 cylinder inline engine.
2001-2003 has the OM-612 and 2004-2006 has the OM-647.
2007-2018 USA spec. Sprinters are NCV3's which is the 906.xxx series.
Is there a VIN # plate just inside the windshield in from of the speedometer
arch on the driver's side of your Sprinter? That is the VIN # and is required on
all USA spec. Sprinters..
Also there is a VIN # on the capacity sticker down on the side of the driver's
seat box.
Start a "conversation" with member sailquik and send an email with the VIN # along and it will be researched on the Daimler Int'l Vehicles Database.
Should result in a 6 page .pdf file with all of the option codes that were assembled
into your Sprinter when Mercedes Benz originally assembled it in Germany.
Unless you are from some where besides the USA, then the ID # can also be looked
up in the same database.
The Vehicle ID number has the same last group of digits as the VIN # and this
identifies a specific vehicle.
It's free and secure (using the "conversation" feature).
Hope this helps,
Roger

Last edited:

ches

If your Sprinter is a 2006 USA Spec. (Dodge or Freightliner) it would be a
T1N which is a 904.xxx series with the 5 cylinder inline engine.
2001-2003 has the OM-612 and 2004-2006 has the OM-647.
2007-2018 USA spec. Sprinters are NCV3's which is the 906.xxx series.
Thanks so much Roger. I finally got into datamb.com and got the info I was after. My FIN#'s first six digits are 903661 which I suppose gives me a 903.661. I am getting ready to hit the road for what a hope will be a couple of weeks camping trip here in NM ( dispersed covid safe boondocking) and I will start a conversation with you on the option codes when I get back. Thanks for the invite. I have been spending the winter on the forum to brush up on troubleshooting my Sprinter and learning more on the mechanics. I am not normally a mechanic kind of guy but I spent a lifetime working with my hands.

sailquik

Hi Ches,
I can wait until you return from you trip, but i'm very curious about your 903.661 Sprinter.
Can you send me the VIN# or the ID number ( starts with 903.661xxxxxxxxx) so I can
satisfy my curiosity about 2006 that's listed as a 903 series.
I'll send you the full data card in a few minutes or wait until later when you get back
from your trip.
That's your choice.
Regards,
Roger

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Just as a confirmation (confusion?) my 2005 FIN starts off as WDR9036711582....
That's for a 118" (3000 mm) wheelbase, with the US-standard 647 engine.

--dick

Top Bottom