NCV3, WiTECH, Vehicle Scan Report in PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Note: This information applies only to NAFTA NCV3 Sprinters. This information does NOT apply to 2002-2006 NAFTA (T1N) Sprinters.

WiTECH is the current dealership hardware/software package used to diagnose NAFTA NCV3 Sprinters in Canada and the US.

I mentioned in another thread that a technician is able to use WiTECH to provide a vehicle scan report prior to clearing DTCs so that an owner may use the data for personal reasons.

Technicians may not be familiar with the procedure to generate a vehicle scan report in Portable Document Format (PDF) with WiTECH. Most owners are probably also unfamiliar with the menu options required to generate the report.

Attached this posting is a write up - which may be downloaded and printed - detailing the steps required to generate a vehicle scan report in PDF and two sample reports from the simulated Sprinter available as part of WiTECH. One is "detailed," and the other sample is "standard."

The simulated Sprinter has a fake VIN: WD0PF445775143719 and it should not be confused with a "healthy" Sprinter; it's provided by the WiTECH programmers to help field technicians learn to use WiTECH w/o risking a real vehicle.

A vehicle scan report, in my opinion, may be a helpful tool to an owner experiencing issues and unable to get resolution in one or two dealership visits.

-Jon

PS: I think I accidentally clobbered the detailed report with standard report output. I've removed the original detailed report and replaced it with a confirmed copy. - jc

Attachments

Last edited:

sprintguy

16+ yrs Master Commercial technician
Jon : really easy to do the scan report. And it looks good to BUT, do yourself a favor and keep the Star Mobile , it is by far superior to the WI-Tech ( works good when it wants to :yell:) for now it still is a piece of SH:censored: . and worst of all all the info screens were made by IT professionals NOT TECHS

just a note : had to stop using WI-TECH on the Sprinters, missing info wrong data streams, lockups, etc

Keep the mobile, better tool in my opinion (for now)

Carl

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
Carl,

You lost me. Are you saying

1) WiTECH PC software is terrible; StarMOBILE Desktop Client is better (for now)
2) WiTECH PC Software and the VCI Pods are terrible (for now)
3) WiTECH drives the StarMOBILE hand-held scan tool unreliably (for now)
4) StarMOBILE Desktop Client and the StarMOBILE Scan Tool are the best available today; forget WiTECH Software because it can't drive any vehicle interface - VCI Pod or StarMOBILE hand-held unit - reliably (yet)

-Jon

sprintguy

16+ yrs Master Commercial technician
Carl,

You lost me. Are you saying

1) WiTECH PC software is terrible; StarMOBILE Desktop Client is better (for now)
2) WiTECH PC Software and the VCI Pods are terrible (for now)
3) WiTECH drives the StarMOBILE hand-held scan tool unreliably (for now)
4) StarMOBILE Desktop Client and the StarMOBILE Scan Tool are the best available today; forget WiTECH Software because it can't drive any vehicle interface - VCI Pod or StarMOBILE hand-held unit - reliably (yet)

-Jon
yep For now !!
just a bit of fun news, one of our other techs lost the pod ( because its so good :lol:)

I would give the software people at least 1-2 years before WI-TECH is actually real world compliant

Carl

jdcaples

Not Suitable w/220v Gen
yep For now !!
just a bit of fun news, one of our other techs lost the pod ( because its so good :lol:)

I would give the software people at least 1-2 years before WI-TECH is actually real world compliant

Carl
So it's the VCI Pod, not the WiTECH (PC) Software? I've used both on my Sprinter with the StarMOBILE scan tool and WiTECH's faster.

Mere mortals can't buy a VCI Pod yet; but it sounds like I'll avoid it for a while.

-Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom