313cdi 4x4?

Fredrik

Hi
I found a 2013 MB Sprinter 313cdi 4x4 with automatic gearbox. Can i chiptune that one or is that gearbox to weak? Going from 129hp to 190hp? Gearing ratio, max speed 313 is 138km?
//Fredrik

Skickat från min SM-G950F via Tapatalk

Eric Experience

Fredrik.
That is an excellent vehicle as it is, Trying to improve it by aftermarket add on pieces will only cause problems with no advantage. Eric.

Fredrik

Thanks, but 129hk sounds to litle when you mount bigger tires and start to build a camper of it, or is it enough?
Fredrik

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Fredrik,

I have a 2004 T1N 313 CDi Manual with a large coachbuilt body on it, 3 m high and 6.5 m long, and run at around 3,650 to 3,700 kg and find the 129 HP engine fine.

I would not want to risk the reliability of the engine by chipping it. I believe the only way to gain more power from this engine is by increasing fuel rail pressure and then risking injector damage or over fuelling.

If I where you I would leave it as standard until you have driven it for a while. And 138 km/h is 85 mph and I would not want to drive a Sprinter that fast for long!

Keith.

Fredrik

Hi
But what I understand 313 and 316 cdi has exactly the same motor, only difference is the software. So from 129hp to 163hp should not be any problem för the engine.
My any concern is the automatic gearbox.
//Fredrik

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Which engine model do you have in this 313CDi?

And I'm assuming you are in Europe what Euro emissions class is it?

Keith.

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
Thanks Fredrik,

From your Data Card you have the OM651 DE22LA 95KW (129PS) 3800/MIN engine meeting Euro V as you said.

From what information I can find I think the difference between the lower powered and higher powered variants of this engine is a single turbo versus a twin turbo system.

I'm not sure if the automatic transmission would be the same for two though. Does anyone else possibly know?

And I note it is a Swedish spec 4x4!

Keith.

Fredrik

There is one with 95hp, that one is single turbo i think. 313 has twin turbo What i read but mayby i am wrong?
Fredrik

Top Bottom