Leak oil line!

alanrdking

Changing my fuel filter on my 2016 Win.View,I broke the leak oil line T.Does anybody have any info on changing this.I have a new line it is high pressure line with pressed on fittings.Are any special tools needed to change it?I am dead in the water at this point!This line has a very delicate nylon fitting right behind the fuel filter lines,when the line pulls free of the fuel canister your hand will come to the line T,very fast=broken T fiiting.See pics.

Attachments

smiller

2008 View J (2007 NCV3 3500)
Don't feel bad, breaking a plastic leak line connection isn't that hard to do, DAMHIK. But panic not, it's not particularly difficult to fix, you just need to buy a new leak line assembly (the recommended option vs. trying to repair the broken part as the line operates under about 150 psi of pressure) and swap it out. It's kind of a PITA to thread it all around but otherwise straightforward. You can get a discounted OEM replacement from SD Euro parts (make sure to get the right part for your model year.)

https://europarts-sd.com/item.asp?PID=5232

Last edited:

alanrdking

I bought a new return line,cut off the fitting that had broken and spliced it in using 1/8 in.brass slicers and good squeeze clamps,I now have over 4000 miles on the repair with no problems.The reason I did it that way was because I was leaving on a trip next morning and did not have the ambition to take all the stuff off to but on the complete assembly,I also left some extra slack in the line so I can get it out of the way next filter change.

Notfamous

I bought a new return line,cut off the fitting that had broken and spliced it in using 1/8 in.brass slicers and good squeeze clamps,I now have over 4000 miles on the repair with no problems.The reason I did it that way was because I was leaving on a trip next morning and did not have the ambition to take all the stuff off to but on the complete assembly,I also left some extra slack in the line so I can get it out of the way next filter change.
How has your repair held up?

Top Bottom