NCV3: 2006-2018 First Dibs 2015 Sprinter

lindenengineering

Guys I have a consignment coming in for 2019.
I am giving the Sprinter forums community first dibs.
Details:-
2015 3500 van 170 WB fully converted unit.
Mileage 25,000 miles.
Reason for sale :- Doesn't use it.
adjfoks@comcast.net

Worth investigating?
You folks find out first.
Dennis

ucs308

How come sprinter-source allows its forums to be used in this way. No price. No van really. Just a “coming soon” sign to build up a bidding war.

GSWatson

2013 144
Dennis runs a great independent shop near Denver, and has been an invaluable resource to this forum.

Slow your roll, soul, before passing casual judgement.

Cheers,
Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ucs308

I did my research. Decided it didn’t warrant a free pass. And my comment was objective and aimed at sprinter-source. I stand by it. Too many people treating sprinter vans like real estate. And now in the case of the OP literally. If there is a van for sale, post pics, specs, price. Is that too much to ask?

Dennis runs a great independent shop near Denver, and has been an invaluable resource to this forum.

Slow your roll, soul, before passing casual judgement.

Cheers,
Greg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lindenengineering

I did my research. Decided it didn’t warrant a free pass. And my comment was objective and aimed at sprinter-source. I stand by it. Too many people treating sprinter vans like real estate. And now in the case of the OP literally. If there is a van for sale, post pics, specs, price. Is that too much to ask?
Let's be clear here.
1) This van is not my van to sell.
2) A customer has asked me to sell it as a consignment.
3) I charge a minimum of 15% commission to do that PLUS expenses
4) Since the vehicle is a low mileage unit I considered it a worthy candidate to post on this forum. (basically no junk)
5) By merely giving the forum reader the Email address for the seller YOU (interested person) can negotiate directly with him the seller.
6) I don't nor my business intends to make even a brass farthing on this and lets make it quite clear I HAVE NO INTENTION OF PROFITING IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER on this transaction.
7) As many of you know I assist many members of this forum and I don't use it as a platform to flog stuff on the cheap nor promote parts sales as some do.
8) When I offer parts for sale on occasions as used or take off items the proceeds go to Mercy Ships not to my or my business coffers .https://www.mercyships.org/
NOW UCS308

Consider yourself thoroughly rebuked and as amends I suggest you donate $50 MINIMUM to Mercy Ships for your ugly post.
Try to do some good in the world other than moaning & belly aching about people selling THEIR stuff on this forum.
Let us all know when you have donated --if you have any cajones or dignity left!
https://www.mercyships.org/
Dennis

pfflyer

Let's be clear here.
1) This van is not my van to sell.
2) A customer has asked me to sell it as a consignment.
3) I charge a minimum of 15% commission to do that PLUS expenses
4) Since the vehicle is a low mileage unit I considered it a worthy candidate to post on this forum. (basically no junk)
5) By merely giving the forum reader the Email address for the seller YOU (interested person) can negotiate directly with him the seller.
6) I don't nor my business intends to make even a brass farthing on this and lets make it quite clear I HAVE NO INTENTION OF PROFITING IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER on this transaction.
7) As many of you know I assist many members of this forum and I don't use it as a platform to flog stuff on the cheap nor promote parts sales as some do.
8) When I offer parts for sale on occasions as used or take off items the proceeds go to Mercy Ships not to my or my business coffers .https://www.mercyships.org/
NOW UCS308

Consider yourself thoroughly rebuked and as amends I suggest you donate $50 MINIMUM to Mercy Ships for your ugly post.
Try to do some good in the world other than moaning & belly aching about people selling THEIR stuff on this forum.
Let us all know when you have donated --if you have any cajones or dignity left!
https://www.mercyships.org/
Dennis
Just to be clear which is it #2 or #6 . If it is #2 what is wrong with posting pictures and a price. Every consignment job I have done, I marketed and handled the transaction. If it is #6 your rebuke is some what warranted. I don't think anyone was complaining about you selling it. I don't want to speak for the poster that offended you but my take on the criticism is lack of information like price and pictures.

Last edited:

RedLens

Pulling out some popcorn to watch this play out...

I think perhaps the original post was misunderstood, the way I read it Dennis is giving forum members here the chance to reach out to the owner of the vehicle BEFORE it comes to him for consignment. Irregardless of how it’s interpreted though, I’m not sure why any user at all would lash out at LindenEngineering, making ridiculous claims this forum is being abused. Take a moment to relax, maybe reread things before reacting.

pfflyer

Pulling out some popcorn to watch this play out...

I think perhaps the original post was misunderstood, the way I read it Dennis is giving forum members here the chance to reach out to the owner of the vehicle BEFORE it comes to him for consignment. Irregardless of how it’s interpreted though, I’m not sure why any user at all would lash out at LindenEngineering, making ridiculous claims this forum is being abused. Take a moment to relax, maybe reread things before reacting.
I don’t think or have interpreted any post as “lashing out “ except from the OP’s second post. It is frustrating that posters, especially ones that are selling don’t give enough information like price, pictures and location. It is selling 101. Enough said I will sit back and shut up now.

lindenengineering

If I had accepted it I would have started throwing up pictures etc.

I think in future its probably better NOT to post cherry vans & good used take off parts at bargain prices with a recognized service history on this forum. Simply put I will use the normal channels Craig's List etc to sell Sprinter vans when they come into my shop as consignment units and parts sales.
As they say no good turn goes unpunished !
So over & out on offering pointers to buy good honest stuff thoroughly checked out by us & running with documented service histories.
As of today I inform you all as an example .
I do have a 2005 Sprinter van coming up for sale shortly that has been gone through in our shop.
I will not post it on this forum as a result of this hullabaloo .:thumbdown:
Dennis

lindenengineering

You are overreacting in my opinion.
Well that's your opinion.
Frankly I don't need the hassle.
We repair ailing vehicles and sometimes sell consignments as well as fixer uppers that are part of the game.
I often have people coming by looking for good Sprinters/ Landrovers and other stuff plus parts as take off from wrecks we buy.
If the parts are good, we use them in the shop or we sell them at bargain prices. The proceeds we donate to Mercy Ships.

I sold a low roof 2005 Sprinter recently for $8000 and 50% of the profit revenue went to Mercy Ships.
To resolve this issue as I stated I won't be posting anything else in the future in this sales section!
In short I am done with it, too much hassle :thumbdown:
Dennis

Matt Foley

Down by The River
Well that's your opinion.
Frankly I don't need the hassle.
We repair ailing vehicles and sometimes sell consignments as well as fixer uppers that are part of the game.
I often have people coming by looking for good Sprinters/ Landrovers and other stuff plus parts as take off from wrecks we buy.
If the parts are good, we use them in the shop or we sell them at bargain prices. The proceeds we donate to Mercy Ships.

I sold a low roof 2005 Sprinter recently for $8000 and 50% of the profit revenue went to Mercy Ships.
To resolve this issue as I stated I won't be posting anything else in the future in this sales section!
In short I am done with it, too much hassle
:thumbdown:
Dennis
... Because someone wanted a price stated on an item listed for sale? Uhhh.. OK. Sorry, I don't get the outrage.

Easy there pardners. No reason to get too miffed about what goes on in a single thread. Enjoy the forum for what it is.

... I’m not sure why any user at all would lash out
:hmmm:

Because internet access is cheap, typing is easy, and it is a forum???

There's lots of things posted here on the forum which I don't agree with or even like. As long as it isn't dangerous or derogatory (DZ excluded) I just move on to the things that I do like or interest me around the forum. That's what I do, AND I have the ability to edit/delete stuff. :laughing:

Carry on.

:cheers: vic

Last edited:

lindenengineering

Yes Vic
No problem !
My position was if I hear of a cherry unit I gave the forum membership first dibs to contact the owner!
Obviously this is now not acceptable so I withdraw my participation within these "offerences" that come along once in a while !

The same goes with good used & salvage take off parts.
I see no point in offering this stuff in the sales section if its going to potentially create such a hullabaloo.
As you know I mostly refrain from using this forum website to flog parts !
Its crass from my perspective, but most often the proceeds went to charity anyway so it was kind of OK for me where I sit.

Cheers Dennis

I see no point in offering this stuff in the sales section if its going to potentially create such a hullabaloo.

Cheers Dennis
Doesn't a hullabaloo need a crowd to be called that? I didn't see anything beyond a few comments by a few members.

There are no set rules for posting ads which I'm aware of. When the details aren't included those who care can dig deeper. How can it be a problem for those who aren't interested?

Of course you can do what you wish, but I don't see anything wrong with you using the For Sale section to make forum members aware of what's available in your area.

As a T1N owner I'm happy to see used parts offerings of any kind. It ain't like the T1N's are getting any younger.

:cheers: vic

smokie

from what I've seen LindenEngineering put's out some great info that benefits us that own Sprinters..... Keep up the post and great info please.....

Top Bottom