Speed Limiter - Old FedEx Van

ncos

So my 2006 T1N was a FedEX van in its prior life. It has a speed limiter of some sort that limits the speed (per the speedometer) to 67 mph.

I'm assuming this is programmed into the ECU. From the owner's manual:
"PROGRAMMED TOP SPEED (OPTIONAL)
NOTE: The top speed of this vehicle can be electronically limited to a speed between 19 mph
(30 km/h) and 82 mph (132 km/h). The vehicle’s electronic speed controller should be programmed only by a qualified technician by an authorized Sprinter Dealer."
I've talked to to several Mercedes Dealers that won't touch it. Does anyone have any knowledge of people who will? While they are at it I'd like to enable cruise control to allow installing that mod as well.

Thanks,

Nate

@agreenstellovan

lindenengineering

Contact SOS Diagnostics.
They can reprog the speed limiter and the PCM sections to accept cruise control operation.
Done as a bench work work plug 'n play operation the only thing you will need to do is wire in the cruise control column switch with a short wiring harness.
Dennis

DRTDEVL

Another option is to find out where the local FedEx guys get their Sprinters repaired. That was how I found the only shop in our town that not only serviced them, but had a tech on staff with 14 years of Sprinter experience. They were able to plug my FedEx in and change the limiter to 73 (70 actual). I would like it removed, but not until I can get the rest of the cruise control mod complete (need to pin-out the ecu connector and get it hooked up). It acts like a cruise on its own that way... and I never had to worry about my drivers going too fast.

ncos

Your cruise observation is spot on. I can floor it in the highway and be sure to maintain constant speed. I Don’t really want to remove the limiter without adding cruise because of that feature.

tarachandi

Another option is to find out where the local FedEx guys get their Sprinters repaired. That was how I found the only shop in our town that not only serviced them, but had a tech on staff with 14 years of Sprinter experience. They were able to plug my FedEx in and change the limiter to 73 (70 actual). I would like it removed, but not until I can get the rest of the cruise control mod complete (need to pin-out the ecu connector and get it hooked up). It acts like a cruise on its own that way... and I never had to worry about my drivers going too fast.
In the same boat? Where did you fine the FedEx mechanics?

DRTDEVL

In the same boat? Where did you fine the FedEx mechanics?
Sadly, I saw a T1N 3500 outside a place of business and waited to ask the driver where they had the work done. He wasn't 100% sure, but thought his boss (contractor for FedEx) had it done at a garage on a certain street near the terminal. I went by that shop and found a half-dozen T1Ns awaiting service in the lot, all FedEx, and one RV passing through.

Top Bottom