CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Uh..?
image.jpg
I know it's me not you!

Last edited:

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
Personal video and a pet peeve/will not post it on u-tube.

autostaretx

Erratic Member
The "security token" message leads me to think that an HTTPS: or SSL: connection was attempted, and one end (either yours or the forum's) doesn't satisfy the requirements of the other.... it could be an expired (and not updated) security certificate, a no-longer-accepted hashing method or similar beastie.

I must admit, i can't recall ever seeing an attached video in a posting... have you succeeded in uploading one in the past?

--dick

autostaretx

Erratic Member
Well, i didn't have any less-than-3MB mp3 videos, and my copy of VLC will only convert other formats to audio MP3.
(it's happy to make mp4 videos)

That said, here is the result of creating a short audio mp3 file ... the audio of a howler monkey we found in Costa Rica:

View attachment HowlerAudio.mp3 (1.6 MB, 1:44 run time)

So, at least for audio, i seem to be able to upload to the forum
(Windows 10 laptop, Google Chrome browser, the free VLC media converter creating the file... but as audio)

added: when i clicked on that, it didn't *play* it, it merely caused by browser to download it.

--dick
p.s. you could always zip the file as an alternative upload format. StuffIt can do that.

Last edited:

autostaretx

Erratic Member
It's been awhile, but I don't think we're set up to include videos for upload.
As far as i can tell, CJPJ's problem was that he couldn't even upload the file to the forum.
The error message complains of a token problem.
(which i'll take to mean that it was happy with the file type)

--dick

Top Bottom