#2 Injector return tee broken. Can just this one be replaced

altide8

The plastic injector return tee broke when I was replacing my #2 injector today. I have found replacement pieces online but not much information about if these can be replaced or not? is this possible or do I have the replace the entire return hose?

Thanks Guys

Patrick of M

2005 T1N 2500 (NA spec)
I think you have to buy a few, singles may be available. It is not necessary to buy the 5 piece and I avoided it because I had no interest in tying it int the fuel return down behind the engine. I would get at least 3 cause you might break another one fiddling about. I think MB sells them, can’t remember , bought some 18 months ago. P.s. I think the plastic one side may actually be better, have heard the steel can have trouble sealing.

lindenengineering

Get a new one.
The rail assy uses metal tee's these days --then you are assured of no sudden fractures while driving & having fuel issues.
For about $190 well worth the peace of mind.
A valuable upgrade to your Sprinter
Dennis

Shoulda searched in Database where you first posted. :bounce:

I carry a set of brass return fittings. As was already mentioned, the metal pieces have been reported to leak. Probably depends upon the manufacturer. I haven't tried any of my spares yet.

If you change an individual fitting I would consider using a hair blower or heat gun to make the hose easier to deal with. Not too much heat on the plastic though.

Some info here.

Fuel Return Line Leak Off O-ring Seals
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58456

:cheers: vic

Last edited:

surlyoldbill

EuropartsSD has a complete return line set with brass fittings. After several removals to do leak-off test, my old plastic OEM fittings cracked and leaked, so I installed the replacement.

altide8

Shoulda searched in Database where you first posted. :bounce:

I carry a set of brass return fittings. As was already mentioned, the metal pieces have been reported to leak. Probably depends upon the manufacturer. I haven't tried any of my spares yet.

If you change an individual fitting I would consider using a hair blower or heat gun to make the hose easier to deal with. Not too much heat on the plastic though.

Some info here.

Fuel Return Line Leak Off O-ring Seals
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58456

So just one fitting can be changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So just one fitting can be changed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes. I have not needed to do that though.

I have spare fittings in hand. Were I to change just one out I would definitely remove all 5 to do it. You don't want to stress the other fittings at all. I would also have a couple extra fittings on hand in case.

At around 50 bucks the assembly from Europarts SD might be a better option to screwing with just one fitting.
https://europarts-sd.com/fuelreturnline2002-2006.asp

You can then keep the removed parts as spares.

Top Bottom