Using Google Chrome to read the T1N parts manual

B

billintomahawk

Hey everyone,
I am locked in a struggle with my Chromebook.
The Google operating system hates pdf. files so in general I struggle on the UK site.

http://diysprinter.co.uk/reference/

But I do get the info to come down into my Google drive and using the Kami reader I can click around in the documents and move from section to section.

But not with the 2002-2003 parts manuals. I get document to download , no problem and I can view it on the site but I have to scroll thru the pages one by one.
It is not clickable.

I understand this is an odd ball request but 've tried everything and am having no success.

If anyone is using Chrome I could sure use some help with this.

bill in tomahawk

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
You might see if libre office or microsoft office have chromebook apps? They may read PDFs.

There are possible a few chrome apps that would work.
Several show under a search for PDF viewer.

Nautamaran

2004 140” HRC 2500 (Crewed)
FWIW I just used my Chrome browser in Windows 7 to open the 2002 Parts Manual pdf.
The “Figures” index at the front of each section, and the Back to Fogures Index (or whatever it is labelled) are clickable, but there don’t appear to be any hotspots on the figures themselves.

B

billintomahawk

FWIW I just used my Chrome browser in Windows 7 to open the 2002 Parts Manual pdf.
The “Figures” index at the front of each section, and the Back to Fogures Index (or whatever it is labelled) are clickable, but there don’t appear to be any hotspots on the figures themselves.
I figured it out. I used Kami to open the pdf.
Once I got it open there is a blue bar at the top of the Kami toolbar with commands embedded in the symbols.

To the right of Kami upgrade(don't click) there is a symbol for the page and sidebar open. This is a small symbol but click it and the sidebar will open with pictures of the pages. You want the English references so go over to the left and click on the bulletins icon, its a series of small lines...the pages turn to english and you can click on the titles with the exception of the very first two and the displayed pages will jump to the section you want.
Your little hand lets you click it.

I downloaded the pdf. to my google drive with all the other info like the repair manual.

Once you figure Kami reader out it works just great. Since you can't use adobe with chromebook Kami is your go to pdf. reader.

Since it took me 100 unsuccessful attempts(or more) to make the parts manual work for me with Kami so I pass this long with some great relief.
I have been struggling with the pdf. files for months because it did not understand the toolbar.

KAMI is a free reader.

https://www.google.com/search?q=kam...i65j69i60l2.1538j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

What does the name Kami mean?
The name Kami is an Indian baby name. In Indian the meaning of the name Kami is: Loving

bill

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom