Leaking windows...reputable shop in SW?

richardc3

The rear side windows on driver/passenger sides of my 2006 RSA are leaking when it rains. Water stains are evident on interior wall fabric. I would like to address the issue before any serious damage is done. Not sure if it’s the larger seal around entire window frame, or smaller rubber seals on crank outs? Can anyone recommend a reputable shop in southwestern states? I’ll be in NM until end of November, and will travel to the right shop. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

Knit

Do the front windows leak also? If not, you might examine them closely to see what is different. Or you could do some testing by having someone spray the window from the outside while you look at the inside to see where leaks are.

I’ve learned with my 2013 RS to always check and make sure the window handles are firmly closed and avoid spraying directly at the opening parts when washing it.

irvingj

2015 RT SS Agile (3.0L)
Perhaps a reasonable idea to contact RT and ask about it? I'd think they would/should be knowledgeable about those windows; they look like the same ones installed on our SS Agile.

richardc3

Update...appears the rectangular rubber seals on crank out windows are the culprit. The corners of seals have shrunken and pulled away from window frame, likely due to age, elements, etc. Pics attached.
The window manufacturer is Creation, T-style crank, which is no longer in business. I’m currently trying to find replacement seals through Parkin Accessories out of Elkhart, IN.
I’ve also sent inquiry to Roadtrek via email with no response. Will try calling & follow up with outcome.
Any other sources out there?

Attachments

Top Bottom