What the trade is saying---Auto news (2nd Try)

What the trade is saying---Auto news

The other thread got so off topic that it is now in the DZ.

What the trade is saying---Auto news (#1)
https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66652

I realize that the subject is political in nature, but please let's keep on topic and civil with this thread. I have faith that it can be done with a bit of cooperation.
:cheers: vic

Now before we get a lot of politically motivated emotional comments AKA Danger Zone, by those Trump legionaries in that "other section"!
I am posting a trade article about tariffs and what it really means for you as car users and me as a motor repair independent :-
Read on
http://www.bodyshopbusiness.com/ana...duce-u-s-auto-jobs/?eid=395738161&bid=2137099

https://piie.com/blogs/trade-invest...ed-auto-tariffs-would-throw-us-automakers-and

It means in short that parts are going to be much more expensive and hard to get! This will really determine the end value of what you drive and what it will cost to get it fixed.....If you can find the parts.

Some of this is a bit sobering.
Dennis

CJPJ

2008 3500 170 EXTD 3.0 V6 OM642.993 4.182
“For those on the left and right who were certain that Donald Trump’s presidency meant the end of global free trade . . . think again,” Stephen Moore writes in The Washington Times. The mostly tariff-free North American trade zone resulting from the new deal with Mexico and Canada “was Ronald Reagan’s vision nearly four decades ago — and that legacy will now live on for hopefully many years to come.”

flman

Whats the point in locking the old thread before its tossed into the flaming fires of hell? :thinking:

Okay, back to the topic at hand.........

Whats the point in locking the old thread before its tossed into the flaming fires of hell? :thinking:
My thought was that keeping two concurrent threads open would be counterproductive. Anybody interested in the earlier discussions/information can refer to the original, now DZ thread. From there use Quote, then copy and paste to bring pertinent information to this new thread.

If anyone wants to suggest reasons that the DZ thread should be unlocked, start a thread in the DZ with your logic. That information can then be considered.

Be aware. Just starting an unlock thread will not of itself be enough to get the thread status changed.

Back to topic.

flman

My thought was that keeping two concurrent threads open would be counterproductive. Anybody interested in the earlier discussions/information can refer to the original, now DZ thread. From there use Quote, then copy and paste to bring pertinent information to this new thread.

If anyone wants to suggest reasons that the DZ thread should be unlocked, start a thread in the DZ with your logic. That information can then be considered.

Be aware. Just starting an unlock thread will not of itself be enough to get the thread status changed.

Back to topic.

Just asking Vic? :idunno:

flman

Old news, but I think this topic is old news.

German Automakers Bend To Trump's Will By Offering To Drop Tariffs

Jun 23 by Jay Traugott Industry News

Those "very bad" German automakers want to make a deal.
It was an outcome Germany’s automakers could not accept for obvious financial reasons: losing out on the highly profitable US market because of a newly imposed import tax. In light of President Trump’s announcement to impose tariffs on European Union-made products, including vehicles, automakers Volkswagen, BMW and Mercedes-Benz have said they’d be willing to drop all tariffs with the US, according to Automotive News Europe and The Wall Street Journal.

Sources with inside knowledge of the situation claim “German automakers will support the EU’s 10 percent tax on auto imports from the US and a 2.5 percent duty on auto imports going away if Trump backs off” the 25 percent border tax threat on imports from Europe. America’s ambassador to Germany, Richard Grenell, has already met with executives from the German automakers and he’s not taking their proposal directly to administration officials. Another area of concern for these automakers are their US-based production plants and the thousands of people they employ. Trump has already ordered a 25 percent tariff on imported steel and a 10 percent tariff on imported aluminum.

https://carbuzz.com/news/german-automakers-bend-to-trump-s-will-by-offering-to-drop-tariffs

flman

And the bottom line is.

Whether the Trump administration will change things based on feedback from Ford officials regarding tariffs and trade remain an open question. Larry Kudlow, Trump’s assistant for economic policy and director of the National Economic Council, told The Detroit News last week that the automakers are "making money" despite hits from the tariffs.

So they are easily riding out the short storm, at the end is a big reward for all Americans.

flman

That's why US automakers stock are all at 52 week lows. The big reward will be a recession.

Because Obama had such a bad economy that interest rates never went up, also October has always been a volatile month for the market, especially with midterms.

Recession? Under Trump? :lol:

Where are you getting all of this fake news from?

monoloco

Because Obama had such a bad economy that interest rates never went up, also October has always been a volatile month for the market, especially with midterms.

Recession? Under Trump? :lol:

Where are you getting all of this fake news from?
Yeah, record levels of government, corporate,consumer, auto, student, mortgage, and margin debt, coupled with rising interest rates, stagnant wages, and income inequality. What could possibly go wrong?
I'm sure it's different this time.

flman

Yeah, record levels of government, corporate,consumer, auto, student, mortgage, and margin debt, coupled with rising interest rates, stagnant wages, and income inequality. What could possibly go wrong?
I'm sure it's different this time.

Fake news will rot your brain, you actually start believing it.

monoloco

Fake news will rot your brain, you actually start believing it.
Not fake news, all easily provable. Debt is growing twice as fast as GDP.
"Indeed, the National Bureau of Economic Research (NBER) says an increase in household debt relative to a country’s GDP is a strong indicator of a weakening economy. U.S. GDP grew by 2.3% in 2017, while household debt grew by 4.3%"
It's all fun and games until there's a recession.

Read more: American Debt: Credit Card Balances Down $19 Billion in 1Q 2018 | Investopedia https://www.investopedia.com/personal-finance/american-debt-credit-card-debt/#ixzz5UrtqdoCn
Follow us: Investopedia on Facebook

Top Bottom