Intermittant power loss on a 02 311 cdi?

robtts

Hi everyone,

Im hoping somone can help with this problem im having -

Ive recently got myself a different van a 2002 xlwb sprinter 311 cdi diesel and its done about 211,000 miles.

The van itself drives well but every now and then when normal driving it will suddenly and without warning lose power for either a split second or a couple of seconds at the most. It doesnt always do it and its not cutting off at a certain rev range or speed.

The power will return almost straight away and never stays off. It can happen often in a day or not at all.

Its had a service (air, oil and fuel filters) around 500 miles ago.

The van runs pretty quiet and doesnt smoke excessively or knock or get hot neither. Its currently doing about 500 miles to a full tank which seems ok (my old lt35 was much worse than that).

Im guessing something to do with the turbo but because its not all the time (when its not losing power it pulls well) i cant be sure.

Or perhaps a split hose?

Hope someone can help! :)

sikwan

06 Tin Can
It doesnt always do it and its not cutting off at a certain rev range or speed.
It would be good if you could duplicate the problem. Problems like this is like trying to narrow down an electrical short that is intermittent.

Maybe you could continue to drive it the way it is until it becomes more consistent. Maybe a fuel delivery problem? Fuel lines, electrical harness to injectors, etc...

Top Bottom