Who's doing DIY T1N project in the SF Bay Area?

splithorizon

There aren't a lot of affordable options for service here in the SF Bay, so I've been doing more and more of my own work. Learning as I go. I often wonder if there are others nearby to talk with, share tools, etc.

:cheers:

surfpoet

Hi folks, I work on mine on the coast at my cabin in the woods in Pescadero. Going to slowly convert into camper. Are you still interested in meeting up some time?

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
While I purchased mine all ready to go from Leisure Travel Vans I probably spend more time working on it than if I was converting it from a DHL van. Just love tweaking it and fixing things that go wrong.

robertwold

Hi Splithorizon. Bob here in the Sacramento area. How did your van project go for you? I am trying to build up a 2005 T1N but moving slowly.

Last edited:

robertwold

Hi Torkrench, How is your project with the van doing? I am trying my hand ot one (slowly) up here in Sacremento..... Bob

eranrund

For storage there is plenty of space, I know Island Park Storage have containers available and do not object to you doing some van work outside your unit. The disadvantage is they charge extra $100/month for electricity hookup (if you need that) and you need to work outdoors. Sometimes it's busy with other people using their containers so that can be annoying as well. On the other hand I think their price for actual storage is very reasonable, and I think it's 24/7 access.

GSWatson

2013 144
Ok, thanks. Im looking for full-time covered work space. And with the ability to live in my van, not the one I’m converting, at the same time.

Cheers,
Greg

GSWatson

2013 144
Yeah, no kidding. I’m at a friend’s warehouse yard in Petaluma now; between two containers and under a makeshift tarp roof. It will be fine come summer, but with all the rain a bit of a drag on time...

Cheers,
Greg

israndy

2007 LTV Serenity
Wow! Expensive! One of the main reasons I went for a Sprinter despite growing up with my parents Class A Sightseer was preventing myself from EVER storing it. I wanted it to be the unit we treated as a daily driver. Until I got the Tesla it was pretty easy to justify driving the Sprinter at 18 MPG, especially when diesel was less than gas. My other car got 24 MPG and the Jeep got 13.

I do pay for storage on my Airstream that I am fixing up. But I keep it 100 miles from my house near our cabin in the Sierras at 3000 ft. in a lot I pay $35/mo for. Would love to move *it* closer so I could spend more time on it, but the cheapest storage in Alameda is $200/mo., most places cannot even take a 40-foot vehicle.

-Randy

Torkrench

Hi Torkrench, How is your project with the van doing? I am trying my hand ot one (slowly) up here in Sacremento..... Bob
My project is progressing at a pretty decent rate, lots to do still but I'm trying to do things in an order so I can use it while I'm working on it. Here's a few pictures of the van so far. Mostly framework at this point, almost ready to start working on putting skins on everything.

Attachments

MrRoboto

Just picked up an 06 140" standard height 3500, I'm over in Oakland near the zoo. It's bare bones and a blank canvas inside. Slowly working on it, trying to get the NVH level down first.

Top Bottom