Anyone attending Decend on Bend Sept 28-30?

Just checking in to see if any other Sprinter Forumn members will be attending the festivities at Decend on Bend this month. If you are going or are thinking about it, chime in so possibly we can connect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
I just happen to be on a Mtn biking and fly fishing trip with my lady in the area that week and we plan on camping there for at least a night. Views look stunning!

Mostly a VW contingency and I’ll just smile and make nice to all the anti Sprinter comments. Have you been?

$5 showers.. wow.

Onefin

I just happen to be on a Mtn biking and fly fishing trip with my lady in the area that week and we plan on camping there for at least a night. Views look stunning!

Mostly a VW contingency and I’ll just smile and make nice to all the anti Sprinter comments. Have you been?

$5 showers.. wow.
I’d have thought they’d call it burning van....what with all the vanagons and the pesky fuel line engine fires.

I do love me a VW bus of any variety.

There are many, many, times my wife would have paid $5 for a clean and hot shower while camping in BFE. Seems ok to me to for the landowners to charge. Keeps the hippies clean and all that!

Sounds fun though!

So we have not been to this event prior but from the sounds of it more and more Sprinters show up. For us it isn’t about what they drive, it is about the people you meet and the ideas gathered. We have the means to take hot showers with our van but I can tell you a $5 shower is a bargain. So many times over the first year I would gladly pay $13 at a truckstop to get a hot shower when on the road for weeks.

vanski

If it’s winter, I’m probably skiing..
my only reference is knowing a lot of VWsters. i definitely don't judge, that's for sure. i guess we all have different price points for what a shower is worth. i'm definitely no glamper. $75 per person for a parking spot with a view and a few raffle tickets and then having to pay $5 for a shower seems steep, but perhaps not. I haven't been, so I don't know what the value is.

I'm excited to check out that big divot in the ground! That in itself could be worth the $150 for me lady and I.

Midwestdrifter

Engineer In Residence
Could be fun. For me the 75$ isn't bad, except you have to camp 6 ft from everyone else. I really like a quiet nights sleep. Most vw folks are chill. Just don't challenge the illusionary superiority of their platform! I mighty make the last day, say hello if you see the big blue van!

snowandriver

We went last year with our E350 with pop top. Mostly a VW thing but there were maybe 10 Fords, 6 or so sprinters, Fuso. No judgements at all and a lot of fun except for the blowing dust.

Would have gone this year with the new van but elk trip starts the same day.

pdxhiker

paraman1

I showed up just after it was over. Still some stragglers and mostly good people. Everyone was super helpful getting me lined out on Phils Trails for mountain biking. Had it not been for battery issues I would still be there.

thank you.

I'll sign-up and would like to checkout and chat with you on the Mini-Split AC install you have done.
Did we end up talking at the event? I spoke to so many people that it was a blur in a good way. My wife and I volunteered for two 1/2 days and I have to say the event was very well run. Took a few hours to clean out the massive dust inside the van but worth it. Still in Oregon checking out the beauty this state offers.

Top Bottom