RoamBuilt still exists?

pdxhiker

Is this company still solvent? Few days back browsing through their website used to pop-up some malware site. Everything shown on the website is out of stock.

sprinterPaul

Is this company still solvent? Few days back browsing through their website used to pop-up some malware site. Everything shown on the website is out of stock.

Yes they still seem to be in business. But they don't work direct with consumers from what I can tell. Mostly thru upfitters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onefin

I’ll assume that the screen name PDXHiker has something to do with Portland Oregon? If that’s the case; Maybe just cruise on over and find out their status in person? Roam built is somewhere in the general Portland vicinity.

They make nice stuff, but people say that communications are web presence are not great. Lead times not met, ETC. If no luck see what benchmark or another Portland area builder that uses their product can do to help?

Lots of builders at expo had roam product in their vans: and roam was at expo staffed with helpful, cool and friendly people. Maybe they are so busy with builder orders that direct to consumers sales have fallen off. They may have also moved into a larger shop? Who knows?

If you are looking at the skid plate, just get the van compass full set. Or call agile off-road in San Diego and see if they’ll sell you their bright orange roam built floor model skid.

I’d suspect that in person you’ll get the answers and the products you want from ROAM.

What products are you looking for? Most stuff that they make, someone else makes a similar something as well. Most not as nice looking but......

Last edited:

pdxhiker

I’ll assume that the screen name PDXHiker has something to do with Portland Oregon? If that’s the case; Maybe just cruise on over and find out their status in person? Roam built is somewhere in the general Portland vicinity.

They make nice stuff, but people say that communications are web presence are not great. Lead times not met, ETC. If no luck see what benchmark or another Portland area builder that uses their product can do to help?

Lots of builders at expo had roam product in their vans: and roam was at expo staffed with helpful, cool and friendly people. Maybe they are so busy with builder orders that direct to consumers sales have fallen off. They may have also moved into a larger shop? Who knows?

If you are looking at the skid plate, just get the van compass full set. Or call agile off-road in San Diego and see if they’ll sell you their bright orange roam built floor model skid.

I’d suspect that in person you’ll get the answers and the products you want from ROAM.

What products are you looking for? Most stuff that they make, someone else makes a similar something as well. Most not as nice looking but......
Thanks for the reply, yes I am in Portland but wasn’t aware RoamBuilt was based in Portland. I wanted to buy the nerfbars from them. Wonder what the address of their location is.

They are horrible at communication. Could never get an email response or months and phone mailbox was always full. There website was taking money for all items not too long ago. A friend placed an larger order and never received it. He did finally was able to get a refund. It’s ashame. They make and design some really cool stuff. Severely lacking in business 101 stuff.

aksotar

2017 4x4 144 Cargo
I tried for 6 months to get hold of them with no luck... their website has expanded since then but it appears there is still little as far as replies, etc from them... too bad, their gear appears to be well designed..

dodger413

in the lawsuit where they are being sued for patent infringement, the two addresses listed are:

7415 S. W. 53RD Ave. OR 2800 N. W. Beulha Vista Terrace.

try driving by and look....................

Cheyenne

UK 2004 T1N 313CDi
in the lawsuit where they are being sued for patent infringement, the two addresses listed are:

7415 S. W. 53RD Ave. OR 2800 N. W. Beulha Vista Terrace.

try driving by and look....................
Looking on Google Streetview both are residential properties with no obvious signs of business.

Further investigation reveals that the first address is actually the defendant in the case, ROAM LLC who are a camper van rental company.

The Beulha Vista Terrace address is ROAMBUILT LLC but again Streetview shoes no signs of a business being located there!

Perhaps Cec Annett has a manufacturing unit somewhere nearby?

Thicket23

I've been in touch with Cec, they are in business still, having some serious growing pains, and apparently just realized their contact form on their website has not been working. We met them at NWOR, I think the face to face helped a lot in our case. We are due to go down and have the roof rack installed end of September. I'll post a pic of our newly installed steps as soon as my husband gets the passenger side on. They're good guys, just a bit in over their heads with the response to their goods. They aren't a huge outfit, so things go a little slower... They seriously need to hire a communications person though imo

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pdxhiker

I've been in touch with Cec, they are in business still, having some serious growing pains, and apparently just realized their contact form on their website has not been working. We met them at NWOR, I think the face to face helped a lot in our case. We are due to go down and have the roof rack installed end of September. I'll post a pic of our newly installed steps as soon as my husband gets the passenger side on. They're good guys, just a bit in over their heads with the response to their goods. They aren't a huge outfit, so things go a little slower... They seriously need to hire a communications person though imo

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
offering products with high demand is a good problem for any business. :hmmm:

pdxhiker

Update: I spoke to Roambuilt personnel this evening to discuss my order.

In summary:
  • Its true they are very very busy, but like Thicket mentioned they are trying to get more personnel to help.
  • Good News - They still count us independent owners to buy from them. i.e. Not outfitter exclusive
  • I have requested them to visit the thread and provide clarification on the status for the benefit of all other forum members and potential customers.

Speaking from my personal experience with RoamBuilt, I can attest to the fact that they are phenomenal people to work with IN PERSON. I met with Cec at the production facility and he offered to take me on the full hard-hat tour and spent a bunch of time with me talking about their products, history, new stuff in development, and ideas for future products. Everyone that I actually met at their production and install facility was knowledgeable, friendly, and didn't seem rushed at all. I ended up with quite a few RoamBuilt products and the quality of their products is seriously second to none.

BUT, their website and e-mail communication with new customers is slow and apparently sometimes non-existent. They seem to be aware of this and I know they're trying to improve it, but it's frustrating. When I did finally get a response from my initial inquires I received a super thorough e-mail with price lists, pictures, etc. But communication is slow, and for many new customers it never comes at all. Weeks turned into months and the whole process took about 6 months for me from e-mail to install.

My suggestion is to stick with it. You won't be disappointed in the product. Their stuff isn't cheap, but it's priced pretty competitively compared to other high-end options. For me it was absolutely money well spent. But the process takes forever. I don't know how there can be such a dichotomy between their customer interactions in person vs. online, but they really are great people in person. This mirrored everything I had read from people who met them at expos and events.

Looks like they will be attending the Adventure Van Expo in Lake Tahoe on September 15th. Going to check them out and see what’s going on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom