Rust repair started

shanemac

Thanks, the door track itself I just polished with 600 grit sandpaper, the area under the track i sprayed rock guard. I'll see how well the coating on the grill will hold up according to the directions it should be peeled off after 6 months.

smurph

peeled off after 6 months? Can't you just leave it?

shanemac

I suppose I could not sure if it's left on too long that it becomes too difficult to remove or not. I will leave mine and see what happens.

Mzspd

Hey just wondering how the rock guard is holding up? I am also looking to do this. My van I just bought has a small amount of rust (320k on it) but looking to keep the body in good shape if I can.

I am in Alberta as well (Edmonton).

flipman

on my last truck 2008 i repaired the rust and used caulking on the exterior trim part to prevent salt water from going in behind the trim. The area behind the black exterior trim was badly rusted and i think its designed to channel the water behind its and out the bottom. Caulking it prevented that and i had little to no water build up in the inside. Removed my interior wall covering and sprayed it down with transmission fluid that i read was the same thing the rust check place uses.

Top Bottom