2018 Sprinter 2500 Low Roof Conversion

Did you use a refletive material as a radiant barrier?

• Yes, attached directly to the sheet metal

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Yes, with an air gap

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • No

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters

Built.Vans

2024 170 AWD
Hey everyone. So begins another Sprinter conversion. I have grand plans of building this out as a proof of concept conversion, then adding van conversions to my business plan. I have a custom wood studio where I make furniture, cabinetry, and other custom built pieces for mostly commercial clients.

I finally bit the bullet and bought a new 2018 Sprinter 2500 low roof in Pebble Gray with black wheels (so nice looking!). I went with the low roof planning on sending it to Sportsmobile to have a pop top installed within the year. I am doing the rest of the build out. I just finished installing the sound deadening material to the sheet metal. I will be picking up 2 CR Laurence vented windows next week for the sliding door and drivers side front panel. I will then insulate with Thinsulate and plan on making custom upholstered interior panels! I can't wait to pick up the windows and cut giant holes in the new van!

I plan on updating this as the build progresses, so please follow along!

Attachments

marc1

Welcome to club. 2016 4x4 with Vancompas lift and suspension up grade, recent Sportsmobile Penthouse and DYI. I love this van��

Top Bottom