injector pump ?

acvr4

Well my new to me 05 Sprinter is back at the garage. I was experincing the symptons of the resonator problem - I checked that and it was OK. So I figured it was problem with the fuel filter. Well I just purchased it so I figured the dealer should replace it along with the slider light switch being broken.
I get a call today from them stating it'll be all set they just cleared the codes and the door switch would be in later. Codes? So I ask the to test it out it's more than just a code problem.
I just called and they ordered a new injection pump. The Service Manager told me he took it out to test and it shut down on him too. Well the good news is it should be ready Thrusday - pump on a rush order, and my switch should be fixed and I'll get a new fuel filter too. The problem is there are a few jobs that I have to get to tomorrow and Thrusday :idunno:

Anyone else have any problems with the injection pump?

Andy

Scott_Mc

Sprintering Since Aug/02
The problem is there are a few jobs that I have to get to tomorrow and Thrusday
Demand a loaner!

How about the service plan.you were talking about in the other thread..did you wind up getting it in the deal?

acvr4

Nope on the service plan. The best they would do was $25xx for it for two years. The one I was first told about was a drivetrain only. At the time of the deal they hit me up on this warranty for $31xx but when I turned it down they dropped it to a "commercial rate" of $25xx. It looked like a bumper to bumper plan but I'm taking the risk on nothing's going to happen within that 2 year time.
The dealer warranty cover is 60 day 3000miles on it so I'll be doing some traveling with it so if anything is going to happen it'll happen within that time.
This problem aside the van is like new in every other manner. So I'm really pleased.

Last edited:

acvr4

The dealer replaced the injector pump and replaced the fuel filter. Though when I went to pick it up I noticed diesel fuel under the van, I figured it was coming off the rail but when I started it there was a drip.:wtf: I told them and pulled it back in and checked it. Looks like they used the original clamps again and they didn't clamp. A different Sprinter tech checked it out and fixed the problems.
I noticed then there was no spare tire so they ordered me up a new one, they found the spare key/fob and gave it to me. I was happy with the out come and it now runs great :thumbup:

Top Bottom